Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
Synn
Synn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Issue with covers appearing on Kindle Fire HD

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help. I've just uploaded a number of books to my Kindle Fire HD from Calibre (v0.9.8) and most have uploaded fine (they were epubs that were converted as part of the upload to AZW3). All had covers visible within Calibre, and 4 out of the 5 are showing covers, however one just won't show the cover. The cover shows in calibre and shows if I look inside the book on the Kindle (if I go to the Cover section), but it won't appear as a cover in the Books section or on the carousel (I get a shadow picture similar to the Whispersync image)

I've tried manually converting to mobi and uploading that instead and got the same thing.

Does anyone have any ideas? Calibre says it's sending the metadata.

Thanks
Synn
Synn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....droid-ipad-etc
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
Synn
Synn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Thanks for that.

Just to let you know I tried re-converting the .mobi to .mobi, deleted the file from the Kindle (as apparently Remove from Device on the kindle itself doesn't actually remove it) and then re-uploaded with Calibre. The cover worked
Synn is offline   Reply With Quote