Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
I need to skip 30 pages to get to the books body

Hi,

Some of the books I download to my device (EPUB) have multiple pages, often with "Chapter xxx" b4 I get to the body. These pages are mostly empty except for the caption.

I guess these are supposed to be a table of contents but they don't work as such.

Is there something calibre can do to sort this out?
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Download Sigil - http://code.google.com/p/sigil/ - and delete the offending pages.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by clittle View Post
Hi,

Some of the books I download to my device (EPUB) have multiple pages, often with "Chapter xxx" b4 I get to the body. These pages are mostly empty except for the caption.

I guess these are supposed to be a table of contents but they don't work as such.

Is there something calibre can do to sort this out?
Sounds like Calaibe detected the word Chapter in the inline TOC (not needed for EPUB) and started a new page every time it detected the 30 "Chapters" listed in the Inline
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #4
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Sounds like Calaibe detected the word Chapter in the inline TOC (not needed for EPUB) and started a new page every time it detected the 30 "Chapters" listed in the Inline
This used to happen with pdf, and with some other formats if preprocessing was enabled. There have been some efforts made to reduce/eliminate the problem in recent code, though an inline toc can still sometimes get one or two false positives. Goal is to eventually eliminate the issue completely. It's the currently the price you pay to identify the other split points in the document.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
Download Sigil - http://code.google.com/p/sigil/ - and delete the offending pages.
Hi ldolse,

I was exited when I read your post. A solution!

But deleting 30 or so pages turns out to be a chore. You can't select multiple pages and delete them in one operation. At least I don't see how.

But deleting one page at a time is a pita.

Is there a better way?

Thanks
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
But deleting 30 or so pages turns out to be a chore. You can't select multiple pages and delete them in one operation. At least I don't see how.
If you use the tweak epub (via right click menu) you can delete multiple pages at a time. You still need to view the pages in a browser to make sure you are deleting the correct pages,
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #7
clittle
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If you use the tweak epub (via right click menu) you can delete multiple pages at a time.
Thanks! That's a big help.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Hi ldolse,

I was exited when I read your post. A solution!

But deleting one page at a time is a pita.

Is there a better way?

Thanks
If my guess was correct, you want to JOIN with previous after the first, if you want to maintain a single page inline TOC. It takes seconds in Sigil.
First identify the 'real' body, then join the stuff before that.
Click. Right-click:Join, repeat Might take a minute and a half
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #9
ldolse
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If you use the tweak epub (via right click menu) you can delete multiple pages at a time. You still need to view the pages in a browser to make sure you are deleting the correct pages,
Will the tweak epub feature fix the manifest/TOC automatically if you do that? I didn't think it did those extra sorts of things as it was intended for users who understood the inner workings of epub. I recommended Sigil because I was sure it would make sure the manifest/TOC/etc was correct after deleting the files.