Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-30-2011, 08:38 PM   #586
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Hey, anyone who loves me needs to go read this blog post: http://hollystreetnoise.com/wordpress/2011/10/236

It's very much book-related, so totally relevant here.
Good Luck! I have this issue with my friggin, fraggin, fickle muse.....she keeps jerkin' me around from writing to art to music, to ... and I don't seem to get much of anything done!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:02 PM   #587
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Good Luck! I have this issue with my friggin, fraggin, fickle muse.....she keeps jerkin' me around from writing to art to music, to ... and I don't seem to get much of anything done!

Thanks Kenny! Yeah, I've noticed the muses tend to do what they want, when they want, with little or no regard for practicality or our desires, and then expect us to drop everything when inspiration strikes. But oh, it can be so worth it sometimes.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #588
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Puppy breath is awesome! And puppy feet smell nice too. Puppies are furry little bundles of sweetness. Most of the time. John and I discussed it, and we probably will get a dog after the first of the year. We're both still missing Teddy so much, but we're also missing having an animal in the house, you know? We can't replace Teddy, not in a million years, but there's definitely a void in this home now.

Subject change before I get maudlin:

Hey, anyone who loves me needs to go read this blog post: http://hollystreetnoise.com/wordpress/2011/10/236

It's very much book-related, so totally relevant here.
I've been to the blog. It's great. I think I like what you are going to be doing. Count me in. Plus, I did listen to Two Minute Warning. Was very good!

jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #589
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I've been to the blog. It's great. I think I like what you are going to be doing. Count me in. Plus, I did listen to Two Minute Warning. Was very good!

Thanks Jersysman! I really appreciate it! When I get the details worked out and have some samples ready, I'll let you know.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #590
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
the piece is best for its natural approach of the topic.
says what is wanted, that it's wanted and wonderfully avoids all these worn out maneater and badgirl clichés.
hooray for a natural perception of the good ol' having fun with each other
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 12:34 PM   #591
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

This is mostly for jersysman, because I can't put an attachment on a PM, but everyone is welcome to check it out. It's a 33-second MP3 sample of the very rough mix of the first song for my "Send me to Arizona" venture. The title is "Bones" and for Kevin Hearne fans, the full title is "Bones: Morrigan's Sex Magic". It's inspired by a scene in Hexed.

Last edited by CWatkinsNash; 02-26-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:57 PM   #592
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Christa - I have no desire to resist - this sample! Thanks!!!

Old 10-31-2011, 10:15 PM   #593
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Christa - I have no desire to resist - this sample! Thanks!!!

LOL No, Thank YOU!!! Your enthusiasm helps motivate me.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:17 PM   #594
jersysman
Wizard

I'll continue to motivate you until you get the project done. I can be pretty persistent.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:21 PM   #595
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
I'll continue to motivate you until you get the project done. I can be pretty persistent.

That's great! I tend to lose momentum after a few songs (which is why there are only three on my site right now). Of course, trying to fund the trip to AZ is a nice motivator too. I need a vacation now, so I can only imagine how badly I'll need to get out of town by the time April 28th gets here!
Old 11-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #596
jleliekelly
i'm getting there.
jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-600, MOTOROLA PHOTON & Toshiba Thrive
Im not fixing the darn broken Windows on this.place.....we can call it free air conditioning
jleliekelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #597
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleliekelly View Post
Im not fixing the darn broken Windows on this.place.....we can call it free air conditioning
Ubuntu is a good "fix" for broken Windows... but I'm not sure it's Sec. 8 approved.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #598
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
since *buntu's do a lot of things windowish i.e. not like a more standard linux distro it is a smaller conversion step for win users and I read it being called an asylum for ex-windows haunted
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #599
jleliekelly
i'm getting there.
jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-600, MOTOROLA PHOTON & Toshiba Thrive
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
since *buntu's do a lot of things windowish i.e. not like a more standard linux distro it is a smaller conversion step for win users and I read it being called an asylum for ex-windows haunted
I completely enjoy the fact that the word asylum makes me smile. Wow I am creepy.
jleliekelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #600
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleliekelly View Post
I completely enjoy the fact that the word asylum makes me smile. Wow I am creepy.
Yes. Creepy, and awesome.