Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 12-30-2017, 04:11 PM   #1
Tulapi
Connoisseur
Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook pro 602, Nook Simple Touch, Inkbook Classic 2, T63 JDRead
JDRead T63 - copy of boot.img ?

I ordered my JDRead T63 from banggood and received it one week ago.

It has worked only once. My mistake was maybe to install Firefox (because on my Inkbook Classic 2, which has a similar OS, it went without a problem). I didn't try to root, change ROM or anything like that.

Since then, it nevers boots. The screen don't even refresh. Recovery mode don't work, adb neither. The only sign of life is when I connect the ereader to the computer and press power+next during 10-15 seconds. It begins to be discoverable by rkflashkit. Thanks to that, I have made backups of the partitions.

The partition of boot.img seems to be corrupt or something like that. I may replace it by a new version, but every boot.img I find on this forum or elsewhere seems to be 8 MB, but my version is 16 MB. So my question is :

Has any one of you a copy of boot.img of this size ?

Many thanks in advance
Tulapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:51 AM   #2
qtw
qtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue T61D
I have a broken screen JDRead. Actually, the boot.img file's size is about 10 MB. It was unbelievable that installing Firefox would cause such a problem, because Firefox and Chrome work well on my Boyue t61.
Have you try to flash full firmware?
By the way, could you copy the system partition of your inkbook classic 2 to me? I have looking for it for a long time.
qtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2018, 04:25 PM   #3
Tulapi
Connoisseur
Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

My apologies :*see your messages for the Inkbook.
Yes, I'd happy to test your boot.img
I have tried some firmwares with no luck (screen never changes).
Old 01-07-2018, 02:48 AM   #4
qtw
qtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the roughqtw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulapi View Post
My apologies :*see your messages for the Inkbook.
Yes, I'd happy to test your boot.img
I have tried some firmwares with no luck (screen never changes).
I am sorry to give you a wrong information. Actually the size of boot.img is about 8 MB, but it doesn't matter。

What is your JDRead's serial number? For exampale, T63AT1612XXXXX, 1612 is production date of devices, mean it was produced in December 2016.
If it was produced before December 2016, we call it as T63-TC1.
If it was produced in/after December 2016, we call it as T63-KD1.

Download your device's firmware from here correctly:
T63-TC1: http://og471zc3p.bkt.clouddn.com/T63TC1-0418.rar
T63-KD1: http://og471zc3p.bkt.clouddn.com/T63KD1-0417.rar
The package contains firmware image and factory flash tool(RKBatchTool).

Then flash firmware image via RKBatchTool with Restore option
Click image for larger version

Name:	rktool.png
Views:	838
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	161333
Old 01-08-2018, 01:39 PM   #5
Tulapi
Connoisseur

I thought initially it didn't work. But in fact I had no way to know that the battery was to low to enable booting (I had always the same red light since a long time). I charged it (not with my PC but with a power cable) and then… it worked !! Many thanks !
Now the only problem is that I have a system in chinese (version 1.5.0). Do you know where I can find a safe firmware in english ?
(according to my serial number, my JDRead is a T63-KD1)
Advert
Old 01-09-2018, 01:10 AM   #6
qtw

Quote:
I thought initially it didn't work. But in fact I had no way to know that the battery was to low to enable booting (I had always the same red light since a long time). I charged it (not with my PC but with a power cable) and then… it worked !! Many thanks !
Now the only problem is that I have a system in chinese (version 1.5.0). Do you know where I can find a safe firmware in english ?
(according to my serial number, my JDRead is a T63-KD1)
No, it seems that Boyue provide a same system package to all user. There should be initial setup at first, so you can select your own language as system language.
Can you change it via Settings Interface?
Old 01-09-2018, 05:54 PM   #7
Tulapi
Connoisseur

No, I can't.
When I bought my T63 from banggod, the system that was installed was C67ML (like it was written in the parameters) and fully international.
Now it is a different system, chinese, with no applications. Boyue T63HDK-JD
JDRead-Boyue-V1.5.3-2017111514
Old 01-10-2018, 07:07 AM   #8
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
I have that model Tulapi from banggood, i've never updated it because i dont know if it was going to be replaced with the international version of the firmware.

I've made a bakcup of the system with rockchip tool. I installed trwp so this image contains it. Perhaps it helps you.

t63 banggood image

It's also rooted and replaced shutdown image and standby...
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:06 AM   #9
qtw

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchamaco View Post
I have that model Tulapi from banggood, i've never updated it because i dont know if it was going to be replaced with the international version of the firmware.

I've made a bakcup of the system with rockchip tool. I installed trwp so this image contains it. Perhaps it helps you.

t63 banggood image

It's also rooted and replaced shutdown image and standby...
That is old version of stock ROM, provided by Boyue.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:12 PM   #10
qtw

Did you solve it? See my private message.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:59 PM   #11
Tulapi
Connoisseur

In fact, I have to say that I am a bit confused and discouraged. It worked, but now it don't.

First I flashed the whole firmware found somewhere on this forum. And It worked. I was back to the original firmware with a lot of languages (the C67ML one). I then installed a few apps without problem. Then I installed FDroid (and I should say that I forgot to say I made the same mistake the first time, so it was probably not Firefox fault) I rebooted and the JDRead got stuck in a bootloop (or something else because nothing appears on the screen). Then I flashed the chinese firmware that I used successfully the first time… but it didn't work. I had made a backup of the partitions (before installing the C67ML) with rkflashkit. I flashed them one by one, but it didn't work either. Since then, nothing has worked.

The problem is that I have absolutely no clues about what's going on inside (nothing on the screen, no log files, etc.)
Old 01-19-2018, 01:10 AM   #12
qtw

The version of C67ML's ROM is outdate. Why not try the last version? (Don't flash the original package from Onyx)
Old 01-21-2018, 01:23 PM   #13
Tulapi
Connoisseur

Why not, do you have a link ?
Old 01-22-2018, 02:47 AM   #14
qtw

Quote:
Why not, do you have a link ?
Send to you via Private Messages, enjoy it!
By the way, there is internal root access without manager app. The su binary is from inkbook.

Last edited by qtw; 01-22-2018 at 02:57 AM.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:36 AM   #15
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
This reader looks a lot like the T63 even the specs seem to match. Does anyone know if its firmware is compatible with T63 JDread. I Would like to get a firmware with prebuilt google play and english on it.

https://onyxboox.com/boox_monte-cristo3
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote