Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-16-2016, 03:07 PM   #1
Rapid1898
Rapid1898 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
PW Jailbreak?

Hello,

i try to install the jailbreak for my PW using the following guideline:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645

I have a Paperwhite PW-Modell (first 4 digits B024) and running the firmware 5.3.0.

According to the instructions i tried to install the bin-file from kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N.zip.

But when i do this on my paperwhite i get an installations error 007.

What should i do? What i am doing wrong?
Rapid1898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:33 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Can I have the first 6 digits please?
Country it was purchased and used in?
Does it have special offers?
At which step did you get error 007?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2016, 03:42 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid1898 View Post
Hello,

i try to install the jailbreak for my PW using the following guideline:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645

I have a Paperwhite PW-Modell (first 4 digits B024) and running the firmware 5.3.0.

According to the instructions i tried to install the bin-file from kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N.zip.

But when i do this on my paperwhite i get an installations error 007.

What should i do? What i am doing wrong?
checksum error
you have a bad copy of the file, re-download it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:45 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You are not supposed to use the bin file, the instructions say to:

Quote:
Download the attached kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N.zip file, and unpack it. In here, you'll find a few files.
Unzip the contents of the kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip archive to the root directory of your Kindle.
So please follow the instructions properly.

Also, feel free to post your questions directly to the jailbreak thread, in order to preserve context.

EDIT: knc1, a U007 error specifically refers to "signature verification failed", i.e. jailbreak not installed.
U006 is a "general error", usually checksum failure indicating a corrupted file.

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-16-2016 at 03:49 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:52 PM   #5
Rapid1898
Rapid1898 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
OK - thank you very much.

With kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip i did the jailbreak and afterwards i was able to install kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N.zip.

Is is not possible to update to an actual official kindle-version?
Can i see somewhere if the kindle is jailbroken?
Rapid1898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2016, 05:43 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid1898 View Post
OK - thank you very much.

With kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip i did the jailbreak and afterwards i was able to install kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N.zip.

Is is not possible to update to an actual official kindle-version?
Can i see somewhere if the kindle is jailbroken?
There should have been an on-screen message.

Where you watching the screen or did you look away and miss the message?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:40 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Try installing packages that tells you if you are jailbroken.

You can install any official firmware updates, e.g. http://amzn.com/kindlesoftwareupdates/paperwhite
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote