Notices

Old 09-20-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
teanoah
Banned
teanoah began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs-500
Law of Success Napoleon Hill

Hi everybody,

Its great how many self help books have been posted lately, like to thank the people who spent their time doing it. I really appreciate it!

Recently, we've had Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill posted, which is great, and I was wondering if people are aware that that book was based on a previous self help book called The Law of Success.

Now I know that book is also in the public domain by the Ralston Society I think. Anyway I've been having trouble finding it, so I was hoping someone can help.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!
teanoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
mdhuang
Bookworm
mdhuang doesn't littermdhuang doesn't litter

Device: Sony CLIE NX80V, PRS-500
The 16 books are here:

http://davidburnet.com/Napoleon_Hill/

Now I hope somebody would convert them for the Reader. :-)
mdhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2007, 01:40 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
This thread should not be in this subforum.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
teanoah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
This thread should not be in this subforum.
its too bad its in pdf format. Can't read it on the sony reader...font too small.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
teanoah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhuang View Post
The 16 books are here:

http://davidburnet.com/Napoleon_Hill/

Now I hope somebody would convert them for the Reader. :-)
how about you do? If you're a newbie, it'd be good practice, and if you're not then you'd be doing us all a good service.

so how bout it?
Advert
Old 09-20-2007, 02:49 PM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have moved the thread to the general content area.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:26 PM   #7
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Why not have a go yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teanoah View Post
how about you do? If you're a newbie, it'd be good practice, and if you're not then you'd be doing us all a good service.

so how bout it?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:34 PM   #8
teanoah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Why not have a go yourself?
I really would love to help myself, honestly. I know the best help is self help, but the problem that I've had with book designer was that after using the tutorial and getting the actual book finished, I always encountered a problem with the last step. When I click on make ebook I always get an error message that says failed to make sony reader file. I don't know whats wrong. I tried making two ebooks and after all the time spent fixing it up I always get the same darn message.

Do you have any idea whats wrong and what I can do to correct it? I really would like to make my own ebooks and not have to always bother everyone else.

Thanks Patricia
Old 09-20-2007, 05:23 PM   #9
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Export your work from BookDesigner in HTML and use libprs500.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by teanoah View Post
I really would love to help myself, honestly. I know the best help is self help, but the problem that I've had with book designer was that after using the tutorial and getting the actual book finished, I always encountered a problem with the last step. When I click on make ebook I always get an error message that says failed to make sony reader file. I don't know whats wrong. I tried making two ebooks and after all the time spent fixing it up I always get the same darn message.

Do you have any idea whats wrong and what I can do to correct it? I really would like to make my own ebooks and not have to always bother everyone else.

Thanks Patricia
If you have originally installed Book Designer properly using the 4.0 MSI file, go to the Sony Reader Content forum and find the sticky that has the Book Designer files, download the 07/30/2007 update, copy all the files over into your Book Designer directory, go find the sticky on Book Cleaner (maybe in the same forum subsection) and install the book cleaner files and set them up. Then have a go.

The original 07/30/2007 update was incomplete so when you updated from 4.0, making Sony Reader files did not work. I've fixed that with the update available here.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:34 PM   #11
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would save your work elsewhere. Then delete and reinstall Book designer, plus the updates.
It took me two goes before I got it right. I've only been using it for four months and find it's relatively straightforward, once youve got used to BD's little quirks.

As for the other Napoleon Hill book: 'The Way to Wealth'. I'm sorry but I don't do pdfs. I don't mind most other formats.

You might try asking JS Wolf very nicely. He and I both did the other Hill book, and I believe that he was working from a pdf.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:07 PM   #12
teanoah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you have originally installed Book Designer properly using the 4.0 MSI file, go to the Sony Reader Content forum and find the sticky that has the Book Designer files, download the 07/30/2007 update, copy all the files over into your Book Designer directory, go find the sticky on Book Cleaner (maybe in the same forum subsection) and install the book cleaner files and set them up. Then have a go.

The original 07/30/2007 update was incomplete so when you updated from 4.0, making Sony Reader files did not work. I've fixed that with the update available here.
Followed your instructions, and reinstalled book designer. Very happy to say it works. Thanks a lot Jon and everybody else for your help. I'll start on Napoleon Hill's Law of Success Books.

Thanks again everyone!
Old 09-21-2007, 01:46 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I would save your work elsewhere. Then delete and reinstall Book designer, plus the updates.
It took me two goes before I got it right. I've only been using it for four months and find it's relatively straightforward, once youve got used to BD's little quirks.

As for the other Napoleon Hill book: 'The Way to Wealth'. I'm sorry but I don't do pdfs. I don't mind most other formats.

You might try asking JS Wolf very nicely. He and I both did the other Hill book, and I believe that he was working from a pdf.
Actually, I found an HTML version and use the PDF as the guide to how to format in BD.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:33 AM   #14
joshka
joshka began at the beginning.

Hi everyone,

I have just joined this thread today and what an amazing site this is. For over three months, I have been looking for Napoleon's Law of Success course in .pdf format. And when I found it on this thread, I could not help but jump in excitement.

Cheers everyone, and I know we'll make good colleagues
joshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:09 PM   #15
Patricia
Reader

Welcome to the forum Joshka.
We're glad that you found what you were looking for.

Incidentally, if that's your phone number under 'device' (beneath your name on your post) then you may wish to edit your profile and remove it if privacy is an issue.