Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
Michael.A.H
Enthusiast
Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
How To Jailbreak ?

hi guys
i have recieved my kindle paperwhite 3 about a week ago , and i want to install koreader on it , so i can read pdfs more easily , but the problem is that my kindle paperwhite 3 is shipped with framework 5.7.4.1 and appereantly there is no way to jailbreak this version ( if i am wrong please give me instructions on how to jailbreak my device ) , so what should i do now ?
i would appreciate any help from you guys .
thanks .
Michael.A.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Have you read over this thread?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275877
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:58 PM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Confirming that is the thread he needs.
Read all instructions before starting.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:07 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.A.H View Post
hi guys
i have recieved my kindle paperwhite 3 about a week ago , and i want to install koreader on it , so i can read pdfs more easily , but the problem is that my kindle paperwhite 3 is shipped with framework 5.7.4.1 and appereantly there is no way to jailbreak this version ( if i am wrong please give me instructions on how to jailbreak my device ) , so what should i do now ?
i would appreciate any help from you guys .
thanks .
What are the first six characters of your device's serial number?
You can find that in the "Device Info" panel.

If there is some other reason than your having a model we do not support, please post what the problem is.

I can always update that first sentence to read:
Quote:
Software jail break for the 6th, 7th, and 8th generation devices listed in the title, running any known firmware version. - Except Michael.A.H.'s device.

Last edited by knc1; 09-15-2016 at 03:11 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:26 AM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.A.H View Post
hi guys
i have recieved my kindle paperwhite 3 about a week ago [...] and appereantly there is no way to jailbreak this version [...]
Our forum has a Jailbreak Index sticky for all the eink kindle models. It lists threads (including the thread posted above for your model) for jailbreaking all eink kindles (just as the thread title indicates). There are no known exceptions (so far). If yours is an exception, providing us the information we need (including serial number first six characters as knc1 requested above) could help add it to the list of supported (i.e. all) eink kindles.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-19-2016 at 08:28 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:39 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@geekmaster:
Have you tried a web-search for the JB address recently?
We may be approaching some sort of "most translated" (technical) post record.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 05:50 PM   #7
Michael.A.H
Enthusiast
Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michael.A.H ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hi guys
i have done the followings several weeks ago, but for some reasons i could not post ot here:
i went to this thread and then this thread then i downloaded this file. after download the mentioned file i followed these steps:
Quote:
Connect Kindle to PC with the USB cable.
  1. Place the downloaded update_*.bin file in the topmost, visible level of USB storage (alongside of /documents).
  2. Eject and/or Safely Remove (term depends on OS) the Kindle, USB storage.
  3. Remove the USB cable.
  4. Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Menu -> Update Your Kindle
  5. Confirm
  6. Wait
but in these steps:
Quote:
  1. Unarchive the release archive package.
  2. Connect Kindle to PC with the USB cable.
  3. Place the Update_jailbreak_hotfix_*_install.bin in the topmost, visible level of USB storage (alongside of /documents).
  4. Eject and/or Safely Remove (term depends on OS) the Kindle, USB storage.
  5. Remove the USB cable.
  6. Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Menu -> Update Your Kindle
  7. Confirm
  8. Wait
my kindle said that this file is not valid (i am not sure what exactly the kindle said, i can test it again if necessary, because i have done these steps several weeks ago and for this reason i can not remember the exact phrases) and it could not install the update.
what is the problem?
Old 10-07-2016, 08:00 PM   #8
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You never told us your serial number first six characters, despite multiple requests from multiple folks.

We need that to update kindletool as needed using that information. That is NiLuJe's job, but he may be gone for good, along with eschwartz and ixtab and twobob, and perhaps soon the rest of us who have provided tons of free support with nothing in return but frequent suspensions.

I *could* provide an updated kindletool to update your packages, but *meh*. I need your serial number which you seem uninterested in providing, and I have more interesting things to do just trying to stay alive a few more months...

If you want ANY of us to help you, you must provide the information we have requested.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:09 AM   #9
Michael.A.H
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You never told us your serial number first six characters, despite multiple requests from multiple folks.

We need that to update kindletool as needed using that information. That is NiLuJe's job, but he may be gone for good, along with eschwartz and ixtab and twobob, and perhaps soon the rest of us who have provided tons of free support with nothing in return but frequent suspensions.

I *could* provide an updated kindletool to update your packages, but *meh*. I need your serial number which you seem uninterested in providing, and I have more interesting things to do just trying to stay alive a few more months...

If you want ANY of us to help you, you must provide the information we have requested.
hi
yes, you are right, that is my bad.
my serial number is:
G090 G105 [Careful there, good buddy! Too much info! - MODERATOR]
and my firmware version is 5.7.4

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-08-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:30 AM   #10
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Only first six characters is enough
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:48 AM   #11
geekmaster

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

G090G1 | Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) WiFi | PW3 | [Support added in KindleTool 1.6.5]

It should be supported...

However, you did not mention the results of step #4, nor did you mention if the checksum test was done. Are you sure your download is complete and uncorrupted?

Also, you report that step #6 fails, but you did not mention doing step #5. I suggest starting over and do it correctly this time, with no variation from doing every step without exception.

Please report everything in your next attempt, so that we can better help you.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-08-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:20 PM   #12
Michael.A.H
Enthusiast

hi guys
unfortunatly i had deleted the update file, so i did downloaded the file again, and the checked the md5, it was good, and followed the steps one by one and succeded jailbreaking my device, i think that the problem was with update file, maybe it was somehow damaged.
thanks for your help
what should i do next in order to install koreader?
#########################################
i did installed the koreader, now i am going to check if everything is ok.
#########################################
i checked the device and everything works fine.

Last edited by Michael.A.H; 10-10-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Tags
kindle paperwhite