Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Which book will mystify and thrill us in May?
The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling) 13 43.33%
Rules of Prey by John Sandford 8 26.67%
Baltimore Blues (Tess Monaghan #1) by Laura Lippman 4 13.33%
In Pale Battalions by Robert Goddarda 6 20.00%
The Broken Shore by Peter Temple 5 16.67%
Cocaine Blues (Phryne Fisher #1) by Kerry Greenwood 12 40.00%
Still Life by Louise Penny 5 16.67%
The Water Room (Bryant & May #2) by Christopher Fowler 6 20.00%
The Tiger in the Smoke (Albert Campion #14) by Margery Allingham 8 26.67%
Fast One by Paul Cain 8 26.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #16
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
It's good. It's not as good as Cocaine Blues, IMHO, but you'll enjoy it. But that price seems high. I recall paying $6 for it. Must have jacked it up with the new one coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
Just wanted to remind people with library cards that it is available at overdrive libraries. OCLS(Orange County) has 50 copies and 11 available and FLP(Free Lib of Philadelphia) has multiple copies with 3 currently available. Even my local library has copies.
When I bought it, the price was less than $6 and I saw it for less than that a few months later. I would think they would lower the price now to encourage people to get the new one.
I'm betting they raised the price after announcing who the author was.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #17
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
It's good. It's not as good as Cocaine Blues, IMHO, but you'll enjoy it. But that price seems high. I recall paying $6 for it. Must have jacked it up with the new one coming.
BTW, I bought Cocaine Blues and figured I'd read them one after the other. I just started in on the Harry Potter detective.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #18
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'm betting they raised the price after announcing who the author was.
No, they lowered the price when it became known as hers. And for a long time it was $6.99 at Amazon. I know that's what I paid.

IAC, I'll be interested to see what folks think. I certainly enjoyed it, though I can't say I enjoyed it as much as some others.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:25 PM   #19
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Cocaine Blues lost. It's under a buck at Amazon. I just bought The Cuckoo's Calling for $13. It better be good.
The Cuckoo's Calling is an excellent mystery. I read it last year. I enjoyed it even more than Cocaine Blues which I read earlier this year.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote