Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-27-2020, 03:25 AM   #3931
sunshineangel
sunshineangel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunshineangel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunshineangel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunshineangel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Multi-reply

For most people, the primary mouse button is the left one. Right clicking on Download from Urls doesn't work, but left clicking does. Unless you have set your primary mouse button to right.

I mean, when I clicked on Download from Urls, there was no popup so I could enter the url.
sunshineangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:03 AM   #3932
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineangel View Post
I mean, when I clicked on Download from Urls, there was no popup so I could enter the url.
Menus are a basic function of the Qt GUI libraries. Nothing in FFF evers disable that menu option.

Maybe you have moved the dialog box, even accidentally, to somewhere you can't see it? Off the edge of the screen or to another screen?

You can try running Calibre in debug mode (under Calibre Preferences drop down) to see if it gives you error messages.

If not, I would re-install FFF and Calibre if it still happens.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2020, 04:26 AM   #3933
chrisric
chrisric began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone/Voice Dream Reader
Hi,

I have around 50 books from RoyalRoad downloaded via FanFicFare and this is the first time I've seen the below issue.

I asked Voice Dream Reader support and they just said there is a problem with the epub. Thats it, no try this/that.

The issue:
Most of chapter 6 in the attached epub (Change_ New World - Lv1Slime.epub) is missing when viewed/played through Voice Dream Reader. I copied/pasted what I see on VDR into the text file (Change-New World-Chapter-6-on-VDR.txt)

The epub is downloaded from RoyalRoad via Calibre/FanFicFare v3.15.5, The epub looks fine when viewed on my Mac through an eBook reader.

I know this is not a Voice Dream Reader support forum, I just have no idea how to troubleshoot the issue further...

I figured someone could confirm/verify if the epub does in fact have an issue.

Thanks for reading.

Chris.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Change_ New World - Lv1Slime.epub (1.38 MB, 135 views)
File Type: txt Change-New World-Chapter-6-on-VDR.txt (583 Bytes, 135 views)
chrisric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:22 AM   #3934
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisric View Post
I asked Voice Dream Reader support and they just said there is a problem with the epub. Thats it, no try this/that.

The issue:
Most of chapter 6 in the attached epub (Change_ New World - Lv1Slime.epub) is missing when viewed/played through Voice Dream Reader. I copied/pasted what I see on VDR into the text file (Change-New World-Chapter-6-on-VDR.txt)
I've looked at the epub and I didn't see anything wrong in chapter 6(file0007). Neither did epubcheck:

Spoiler:
Code:
EPUB Validator (beta)
Results

Detected version: EPUB 2.0.1

Results: Congratulations! No problems were found in Chapter 6_ Idle - Lv1Slime.epub.

Validated using EPUBCheck version 4.1.1.

It did find some HTML errors in other chapters, but it seems unlikely they would affect chapter 6:
Spoiler:
Code:
EPUB Validator (beta)
Results

Detected version: EPUB 2.0.1

Results: The following problems were found in Change_ New World - Lv1Slime.epub:
Type 	File 	Line 	Position 	Message
ERROR 	OEBPS/file0021.xhtml 	33 	92 	Error while parsing file: element "input" not allowed anywhere; expected the element end-tag, text or element "a", "abbr", "acronym", "address", "applet", "b", "bdo", "big", "blockquote", "br", "cite", "code", "del", "dfn", "div", "dl", "em", "h1", "h2", "h3", "h4", "h5", "h6", "hr", "i", "iframe", "img", "ins", "kbd", "map", "noscript", "ns:svg", "object", "ol", "p", "pre", "q", "samp", "script", "small", "span", "strong", "sub", "sup", "table", "tt", "ul" or "var" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")
ERROR 	OEBPS/file0021.xhtml 	63 	92 	Error while parsing file: element "input" not allowed anywhere; expected the element end-tag, text or element "a", "abbr", "acronym", "address", "applet", "b", "bdo", "big", "blockquote", "br", "cite", "code", "del", "dfn", "div", "dl", "em", "h1", "h2", "h3", "h4", "h5", "h6", "hr", "i", "iframe", "img", "ins", "kbd", "map", "noscript", "ns:svg", "object", "ol", "p", "pre", "q", "samp", "script", "small", "span", "strong", "sub", "sup", "table", "tt", "ul" or "var" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")
ERROR 	OEBPS/file0025.xhtml 	55 	92 	Error while parsing file: element "input" not allowed anywhere; expected the element end-tag, text or element "a", "abbr", "acronym", "address", "applet", "b", "bdo", "big", "blockquote", "br", "cite", "code", "del", "dfn", "div", "dl", "em", "h1", "h2", "h3", "h4", "h5", "h6", "hr", "i", "iframe", "img", "ins", "kbd", "map", "noscript", "ns:svg", "object", "ol", "p", "pre", "q", "samp", "script", "small", "span", "strong", "sub", "sup", "table", "tt", "ul" or "var" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")
ERROR 	OEBPS/file0025.xhtml 	236 	92 	Error while parsing file: element "input" not allowed anywhere; expected the element end-tag, text or element "a", "abbr", "acronym", "address", "applet", "b", "bdo", "big", "blockquote", "br", "cite", "code", "del", "dfn", "div", "dl", "em", "h1", "h2", "h3", "h4", "h5", "h6", "hr", "i", "iframe", "img", "ins", "kbd", "map", "noscript", "ns:svg", "object", "ol", "p", "pre", "q", "samp", "script", "small", "span", "strong", "sub", "sup", "table", "tt", "ul" or "var" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")
ERROR 	OEBPS/file0025.xhtml 	495 	123 	Error while parsing file: element "input" not allowed anywhere; expected the element end-tag, text or element "a", "abbr", "acronym", "address", "applet", "b", "bdo", "big", "blockquote", "br", "cite", "code", "del", "dfn", "div", "dl", "em", "h1", "h2", "h3", "h4", "h5", "h6", "hr", "i", "iframe", "img", "ins", "kbd", "map", "noscript", "ns:svg", "object", "ol", "p", "pre", "q", "samp", "script", "small", "span", "strong", "sub", "sup", "table", "tt", "ul" or "var" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")
ERROR 	OEBPS/file0025.xhtml 	556 	92 	Error while parsing file: element "input" not allowed anywhere; expected the element end-tag, text or element "a", "abbr", "acronym", "address", "applet", "b", "bdo", "big", "blockquote", "br", "cite", "code", "del", "dfn", "div", "dl", "em", "h1", "h2", "h3", "h4", "h5", "h6", "hr", "i", "iframe", "img", "ins", "kbd", "map", "noscript", "ns:svg", "object", "ol", "p", "pre", "q", "samp", "script", "small", "span", "strong", "sub", "sup", "table", "tt", "ul" or "var" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")
ERROR 	OEBPS/file0025.xhtml 	627 	92 	Error while parsing file: element "input" not allowed anywhere; expected the element end-tag, text or element "a", "abbr", "acronym", "address", "applet", "b", "bdo", "big", "blockquote", "br", "cite", "code", "del", "dfn", "div", "dl", "em", "h1", "h2", "h3", "h4", "h5", "h6", "hr", "i", "iframe", "img", "ins", "kbd", "map", "noscript", "ns:svg", "object", "ol", "p", "pre", "q", "samp", "script", "small", "span", "strong", "sub", "sup", "table", "tt", "ul" or "var" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")
ERROR 	OEBPS/file0031.xhtml 	600 	6 	Error while parsing file: element "div" not allowed here; expected the element end-tag, text or element "a", "abbr", "acronym", "applet", "b", "bdo", "big", "br", "cite", "code", "del", "dfn", "em", "i", "iframe", "img", "ins", "kbd", "map", "noscript", "ns:svg", "object", "q", "samp", "script", "small", "span", "strong", "sub", "sup", "tt" or "var" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")
ERROR 	OEBPS/file0064.xhtml 	214 	12 	Error while parsing file: element "div" not allowed here; expected the element end-tag, text or element "a", "abbr", "acronym", "applet", "b", "bdo", "big", "br", "cite", "code", "del", "dfn", "em", "i", "iframe", "img", "ins", "kbd", "map", "noscript", "ns:svg", "object", "q", "samp", "script", "small", "span", "strong", "sub", "sup", "tt" or "var" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")

Validated using EPUBCheck version 4.1.1.

I don't think there's anything here I can help you with.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:16 PM   #3935
chrisric
chrisric began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone/Voice Dream Reader
Quote:
I don't think there's anything here I can help you with.
Thanks for looking at the epub JimmXinu, much appreciated given you aren't VDR support.

I'll try exporting to plain text later and see what happens.

Cheers,
Chris
chrisric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2020, 12:31 PM   #3936
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I'm hoping someone in here, has suggestions for how to do this somewhat organized.

When I download fanfiction from different sites, the penname for the same author isn't necessarily the same across all sites.

How do you keep track of the authors? I normally use only the normal authors column in calibre for adding the author based on site, but I'm wondering if anyone has other ideas?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:42 PM   #3937
MrGarrison
MrGarrison began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet
There's something amiss with StoriesOnline again. Whatever the cause is, it's happened within the last 18 hours or so. It prompts me for my email/password even though that info is saved in the appropriate .ini file and worked properly yesterday. Upon entering my email/password combo, it just comes back up with the prompt again.
MrGarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:01 AM   #3938
fathertyme
Enthusiast
fathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheese

Device: Samsung S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGarrison View Post
There's something amiss with StoriesOnline again. Whatever the cause is, it's happened within the last 18 hours or so. It prompts me for my email/password even though that info is saved in the appropriate .ini file and worked properly yesterday. Upon entering my email/password combo, it just comes back up with the prompt again.
I'm also having this problem, but it might be on SOL's end since it looks like the website just crashed
fathertyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:11 AM   #3939
fathertyme
Enthusiast
fathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheesefathertyme can extract oil from cheese

Device: Samsung S2
nevermind, website is back up and issue persists

example url:

https://storiesonline.net/s/21549

Quote:
Failed to Login for URL: (https://storiesonline.net/s/21549) with username: (imnotthebot@youarelookingfor.com)

Last edited by fathertyme; 02-01-2020 at 12:14 AM.
fathertyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:37 AM   #3940
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2020-02-01
- Update translations.
- Fix for adapter_storiesonlinenet requiring 'v' from login.php.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:01 PM   #3941
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
New Test Version Posted

2020-02-01
That fixed it. And finestories.com works as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:25 PM   #3942
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2020-02-07
- New Site: archive.hpfanfictalk.com (eFiction non-base)
- Reduce debug output in base_xenforoforum_adapter.
- Add replace_xbr_with_hr feature.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:54 PM   #3943
DandalfTheWhite
DandalfTheWhite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Hey, I am having an issue with this error: Invalid credentials error on fetch from IMAP

I use a dedicated Gmail account and have for a very long time with this plugin (pretty much since you introduced the feature). I last used it in early January of 2020 but today I keep getting the error. I found This Bug and it looks similar and I tried all the steps you mentioned there but my issue seems different.

For some reason, my "Less Secure Apps" keeps turning itself off after an hour or so. When it was enabled, I was able to access the account via the plugin, and it marked all but two of the unread emails as read (as it scrapped the URLs) but then the error still popped up. I had to enable it several time and I got several security alert emails which I said were me. I have only been trying today so maybe it is a google issue? It finally worked too after about 20 tries. But I wanted to send the bug here for you so you could see it regardless. Perhaps it was a quantity issue? I had about 250 email alerts unread, mostly AO3 but some FFN and others.

Thanks for all your hard work on the plugin, it's my most used in Calibre, for sure!
DandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:49 AM   #3944
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Sorry, I don't know anything about Google's email permissions issues. I'd be asking Google myself.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:58 PM   #3945
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 3.16.0 - 13 Feb 2020
- New Site: archive.hpfanfictalk.com (eFiction non-base)
- Reduce debug output in base_xenforoforum_adapter.
- Add replace_xbr_with_hr feature.
- Update translations.
- Add more domains for AO3.
- Use storyUrl from metadata for checking library, for those sites that make canonical storyUrl difficult, like adapter_literotica. Closes #461. Plugin only.
- Optional EPUB 3.0 output

Tags
fanfiction