Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 08-06-2019, 06:50 AM   #1
dalanicolai
dalanicolai began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
Get filepath with bash or python

Hi everyone,

Excuse me for posting this seemingly very simple question, but I've already spent quite some time now to find out how to obtain the filepath of a book using either the caliber CLI or the database API.

I would like to use the calibre database to quicklaunch a book with ulauncher without opening the full calibre gui. For this I would like to implement the functionality in the "Tracker recoll docfetcher locate search" plugin.

Anybody knows a quick way to obtain the filepath using calibre tools?

(unfortunately I am only a hobbyist trying to learn python but understanding the calibre design is still quite overwhelming)

Thanks!
dalanicolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:37 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Have a look at the calibrespy plugin, you'll find what I think you're looking for in calibrespy_dialog.py at about line 1965

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2019, 08:42 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibredb list -f formats --for-machine

or using a python API, assuming you already have a db object

Code:
db.new_api.format_files(book_id)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote