Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-30-2019, 03:05 PM   #556
maximus83
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
So the latest Kindle for PC download is 1.25.52064. Given the listed support is for 1.25.1, is it a bad idea to install the current version?

I've been running 1.24 and not sure where you'd get 1.25.1 at this point.
Latest K4PC referenced above not working for me. ETA: the version is not an issue, realized the "52064" is just their build number not major version number. But only about half of the imported test set of about 50 books work--none of the more recent ones.

Last edited by maximus83; 03-30-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:36 PM   #557
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Latest K4PC referenced above not working for me. ETA: the version is not an issue, realized the "52064" is just their build number not major version number. But only about half of the imported test set of about 50 books work--none of the more recent ones.
Detailed help with DRM removal isn't available at MobileRead. Please ask at Alf's blog or Harper's github repository.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2019, 04:44 PM   #558
maximus83
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Detailed help with DRM removal isn't available at MobileRead. Please ask at Alf's blog or Harper's github repository.
Well aware dude. Doing exactly what you did in your post: reported what works, what doesn't.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:54 PM   #559
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well aware dude. Doing exactly what you did in your post: reported what works, what doesn't.
Apologies.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:25 PM   #560
maximus83
Nameless Being

Quote:
Apologies.
No worries :-). Learned recently that an efficient channel for discussing issues with the DeDRM utility is their GH repo.
Advert
Old 03-30-2019, 07:30 PM   #561
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
So the latest Kindle for PC download is 1.25.52064.
The file is named KindleForPC-installer-1.25.52064.exe. It is version 1.25.1 and build number 52064.

(Edit: A bit late. Should have caught up with the thread before posting.)

Last edited by jhowell; 03-30-2019 at 07:32 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:55 AM   #562
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
It didn't work for me either. Looks like it's Kindle for PC only so far.
I should mention that I don't have a PC to test on. It looks like it doesn't work on PC either. Clearly a work in progress.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:17 AM   #563
dexter3535
dexter3535 began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite first generation
Hey guys. I have k4pc 1.17.0(44170) and still download azw4 instead of azw3. What should i do to download old version so it will work on my paperwhite first generation ?

Thanks!
dexter3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:59 AM   #564
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
AZW4 is still another old file format. Have you tried downloading it from the website for transfer via USB selecting your Paperwhite for the device? Or does it just say it's not available for it?

ETA: It's actually a PDF file inside there. If DRM is removed, you can extract the PDF with the Kindle Unpack plugin.

Last edited by lkmiller; 04-06-2019 at 09:06 AM.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:53 PM   #565
dexter3535
dexter3535 began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite first generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
AZW4 is still another old file format. Have you tried downloading it from the website for transfer via USB selecting your Paperwhite for the device? Or does it just say it's not available for it?

ETA: It's actually a PDF file inside there. If DRM is removed, you can extract the PDF with the Kindle Unpack plugin.
Yeah, it say that it's not available for my paperwhite.I did remove the drm protection and i also i have extract pdf but i don't like how pdf can be read on paperwhite.

Thanks!

Last edited by dexter3535; 04-06-2019 at 02:03 PM.
dexter3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:16 PM   #566
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, AZW4 is a “Print Replica” Book, which is a PDF in a Kindle wrapper. You can extract the PDF using the “KindleUnpack” Calibre plugin. I’ve bought several such books - they work well for books with complex layouts and are nice to read on my iPad.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:42 AM   #567
rbpeirce
rbpeirce began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Mac users can now use the 64-bit K4Mac 1.25.2 to download an Alf-friendly KF8 (with .azw file extension) by using chmod -x to disable renderer-test then right-clicking and selecting "Download." It is imperative that one not double-click and open the book as that will delete the Alf-friendly KF8 and replace it with a not-friendly-to-Alf KCR.[/b]
I tried this and it didn't work so I rebooted the computer and it did. I also created a little shell script to run chmod on renderer-test so I wouldn't have to remember the path.
rbpeirce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:44 AM   #568
rbpeirce
rbpeirce began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
@legitimateliv: Does your K4Mac 1.25.2 crash with a "Kindle quit unexpectedly" error message every time you close it? Thanks
Yes. I wonder why.
rbpeirce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:41 AM   #569
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbpeirce View Post
Yes. I wonder why.
Unfortunately, when you disable renderer-test it causes K4Mac 1.25.2 to crash when you close it. You can stop the crash if you re-enable renderer-test, but then you can't download KF8 :(
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:28 AM   #570
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter3535 View Post
I did remove the drm protection and i also i have extract pdf but i don't like how pdf can be read on paperwhite.
A PDF is usually best displayed on a tablet or ipad ... large one. Unless you are able to convert, using one of the many programs out there or a calibre plugin. The great difficulty in converting, and why you also may need a larger screen, is that many PDFs as you may know, are images instead of text ... that is an image of the text ... and that is why they look bad on a regular size ereader etc. No flow of text is possible, and often the image does not fit on a single page. To get around that, a large tablet based device used in Landscape mode or a PC screen are the only solutions.

I have dabbled with lots of programs, including OCR ones, to convert such images of text to just text, and it is very time consuming and fraught with difficulty. So mostly I have given up, and seen it as another reason to buy a large reading device as a second or third one.

I also used other Apps on the tablet for a PDF, ones better suited than the Kindle App.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k4pc, kindle for pc