Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-29-2019, 11:46 AM   #16771
julesy
hedgehogs love to read
julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3, Kobo H2O, Samsung Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
“Get 90%off your next instant escape” offer received in email today. I tried the code on a book not on the list but eligible for promo codes. I already had a store credit from a price match. The code worked and with the credit, I got the book free. If you get the same email, it’s worth trying it outside the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda.owns.link View Post
What was the code?
Sorry, I know this is days old, but the 90% off code I got was RZU9TT.
It expired on June 20 but may still work for some.
julesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 01:16 PM   #16772
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesy View Post
Sorry, I know this is days old, but the 90% off code I got was RZU9TT.
It expired on June 20 but may still work for some.
Thanks! I was able to use it today.
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:02 AM   #16773
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
90% off code that didn't work for me

Z5ZDYD
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:34 PM   #16774
MobileJanie
Zealot
MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
50% off code

didn't work for me today.

LVB2PX

Says 'on select books' - click here: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/Search?Qu...campaign=00005
MobileJanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:10 AM   #16775
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
This didn't work for me either, on either of two books that are couponable at Kobo, one from the first page of the list.

This looks like one of Kobo's 'one-time use' codes, so I suspect it has been used?

Sometimes Kobo even re-emails me codes that I **myself** have had before and used...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileJanie View Post
didn't work for me today.

LVB2PX

Says 'on select books' - click here: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/Search?Qu...campaign=00005
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:09 PM   #16776
MobileJanie
Zealot
MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
This didn't work for me either, on either of two books that are couponable at Kobo, one from the first page of the list.

This looks like one of Kobo's 'one-time use' codes, so I suspect it has been used?

Sometimes Kobo even re-emails me codes that I **myself** have had before and used...
Yes, I assumed it was a one-time use code, but as I only received the email with it in yesterday, I thought there was a remote chance it would work. Still this is Kobo...

Sorry you couldn't get it to work either. Maybe someone who tries it will get lucky.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:23 PM   #16777
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
If you have something you want that's pricey, it's worth a shot to contact Kobo customer service. I have had them give me a store credit equivalent to the discount in the coupon.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:25 PM   #16778
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I've had Kobo e-mail me the same code more than once, even several times, so that it was already used before they even emailed it to me. In fact, duplicate codes are pretty much all I get from them now, which is sort of absurd or pathetic, I'm not quite sure which .

I didn't track the codes at first, but after I started having problems with them I started, and by now, most of the time when I get a code, it's one I already have on my list. I'm not sure why they do this - it seems as if it would create more bad will than good will, and one would imagine they'd be trying to create good will with a code, but with Kobo, who knows...

I also read another theory somewhere, probably in this thread, which is that you can only use one of each "type" of code - i.e. one 90% code, one 50% code, etc. per account. So going by that theory, even if it were a new code, but you'd used some other 50% code in the past, it wouldn't work. I haven't ever gotten up the energy to try to test this theory, but if anyone has, it would be interesting to hear how it worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileJanie View Post
Yes, I assumed it was a one-time use code, but as I only received the email with it in yesterday, I thought there was a remote chance it would work. Still this is Kobo...

Sorry you couldn't get it to work either. Maybe someone who tries it will get lucky.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:42 PM   #16779
ExpatVietnam
Enthusiast
ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.ExpatVietnam understands the importance of being earnest.

Location: Bangladesh. (I didn't think about the permanence of my username.) Sigh.
Device: Kobo Glo, Fire10
No problem with multiple uses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post

I also read another theory somewhere, probably in this thread, which is that you can only use one of each "type" of code - i.e. one 90% code, one 50% code, etc. per account. So going by that theory, even if it were a new code, but you'd used some other 50% code in the past, it wouldn't work. I haven't ever gotten up the energy to try to test this theory, but if anyone has, it would be interesting to hear how it worked out.
I read the same here. However, I've used 90% off multiple times, as well as 50% more than a dozen. I've even changed emails for my Kobo account and been able to use the 'Welcome' code twice. However, like you and others, I've also received codes that wouldn't work.
ExpatVietnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:43 AM   #16780
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
It seems to me that once I've used a one-time-use code, it takes a while before I can use another one of any percent. But I usually get them here. They finally sent me a couple recently after years of having an account. I think the first one worked and the second didn't. So I can't really test it.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 02:45 PM   #16781
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
40% off coupon for a very select list of books: MVNLJXRN

List
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:42 PM   #16782
MobileJanie
Zealot

I'm trying to decide whether to renew my VIP membership. Part of my decision relates to the selection of "free" books, last year I was pushed to find one I wanted. Does anyone have a link for the current offerings, please?
Old 10-15-2019, 08:16 PM   #16783
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/p/Kobo-Su...VIP-free-eBook is the link for Canada VIP free books. You need a code that they mail you when you renew/buy your VIP membership.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:21 PM   #16784
MobileJanie
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/p/Kobo-Su...VIP-free-eBook is the link for Canada VIP free books. You need a code that they mail you when you renew/buy your VIP membership.
Thanks very much for that. There are a couple in the list that I'd be happy to have, so I think I'll join again.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:34 PM   #16785
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Hmnn. In a pleasant surprise, Kobo bumped my Super Points account to the 2400 level, although I only have six days to pick a book before they expire. Anyone else seeing this?
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals