Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 09-01-2019, 01:49 PM   #1
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Tolino Epos Update

How's the Epos with the latest 12.2.0 firmware 7th April 2019, still buggy?
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:50 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't use the epos enough to know. And when I have been using it, I haven't noticed any particular bugs. You might be better to ask about specific problems that you know of and whether they have been fixed or changed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2019, 09:26 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
How's the Epos with the latest 12.2.0 firmware 7th April 2019, still buggy?
I've got 12.2.0 on mine and I haven't had any issues — but I haven't had much time to use it yet. I don't even realize that it was supposed to be buggy. 12.2.0 works fine on my other Tolinos.

What bugs were reported?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:01 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I don't make that much use of the epos since, IMHO, the Kobo software is more flexible especially for margins, font selection and sizing, epub3 support, etc. That said, I haven't noticed any major bugs in the 12.2.0 release. Was this a general query or do you have a specific issue in mind?

One other thing to keep in mind that posting the same question in multiple threads is considered annoying behaviour.

Last edited by DNSB; 09-02-2019 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Added comment about redundant posts
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:35 AM   #5
Vroni
Banned
Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Tolino/PRS 650/Tablet
Well, there are two things whicvh arent correct, this is what i can see so far:

mutiple cs:creatror tags are not handled, its only the last one which is going into the database.

Authoprnames are always transformed from "B, A" to "A B" regardless if i have specified this in the opf:file-as attribute. I Mean , most readers do ignore that, but just transforming the authors name is annyoing.

What i personally dislike is the cover display, when it comes to svg images. The image is shown in full size, but after two or three seconds it shrionks to 90% so that this annoying bookmark sign in the ipper right corner can be displayed. This is not configurable and a waste of display area.
Vroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2019, 10:29 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroni View Post
Well, there are two things whicvh arent correct, this is what i can see so far:
These are more in the line of feature requests, not bugs.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:01 AM   #7
Vroni
Banned
Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Tolino/PRS 650/Tablet
Nonsense. If the author is specified as "B, A" ist has to be displayed as "B,A" and not something else. If i wozuld like to have it some other way i have to specify it via file-as.

Not being able to deal with more than one author is a bug.

Full stop. EOD.
Vroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:27 AM   #8
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroni View Post
Nonsense. If the author is specified as "B, A" ist has to be displayed as "B,A" and not something else. If i wozuld like to have it some other way i have to specify it via file-as.

Not being able to deal with more than one author is a bug.

Full stop. EOD.
I look at it this way... a bug is when a product is not working as intended. It sounds like this is (at most) a design flaw — one that hasn't affected me. Admittedly, my usage is probably different than yours, but my four Tolkien books (the only author with multiple books so far), have all been automatically put in the same collection. Which is all I want.