Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-10-2019, 05:33 PM   #31
defost
defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: none
Hi all!

This phone is made as if it was specifically for me

Did you order at jd.com? How did you do it: do you know Chinese?
What about google services?

By the way, the A5 is not available on any of the official Hisense official sites.
defost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:12 PM   #32
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by defost View Post
I ordered it from AliExpress, no Chinese required. It hasn't shipped yet though.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:12 PM   #33
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
This phone is made as if it was specifically for me

What about google services?

By the way, the A5 is not available on any of the official Hisense official sites.
I ordered mine on Aliexpress. Although all the merchants on it are in China, you can use an English interface for the website. It might be possible to use other languages as well, but I'm not too sure about that.

As it happens, I don't think the phone is available just yet. I suspect that my order was really a pre-order as it hasn't shipped yet.

It is supposed to ship in about 4 days. If not, the transaction will be nullified although I believe there is the possibility to extend the wait period if it is mutually agreed upon. Guess I'll see what happens in the next several days.

At any rate, the merchant does not receive any payment until after the goods have been delivered. I've ordered a few things from Aliexpress in the past and have had no issues. I'm hoping this will prove the same.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:42 PM   #34
abbibi
E-Ink Explorer
abbibi began at the beginning.

Device: Hisense TOUCH, Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Mini
Thank you cartz and Question Mark for providing progress updates. I've been eyeing those aliexpress sales and word on what networks will allow them.
abbibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:32 PM   #35
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
I also bought one a week ago. As others users reporting here they bought it mine isn´t shipped already. just wroted a message to the shop asking when will it be send.

As for the limit sending time I saw a button on the AliExpress"My orders" section that its used to give more time to the shop to send the parcel. Don´t think there is a need for the shop to agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Yup, I ordered one as well. Probably should have waited until November 11th to see if there would be a bit of a deal on Chinese Singles Day... but I've already waited long enough for such a device. It will be interesting to see how it compares to my A2 Pro.
I also ordered mine before the Chinese singles day, and thought the same as you, but checked two times during the November 11th and the price was the same
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:38 PM   #36
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
As for the limit sending time I saw a button on the AliExpress"My orders" section that its used to give more time to the shop to send the parcel. Don´t think there is a need for the shop to agree
I've written to the shop a couple of times now to ask if they have the phone in stock and if they will be able to ship it before the order automatically gets cancelled. Haven't had a reply.

I thought they might say there had been an unavoidable delay and the they needed more time to process the order.

Delays unfortunately do occur, especially when new products are coming out. However, I'm not going to request an extension to the processing time without hearing from them. Instead, I'll just let the process run its course.

It is now less than 24 hours until my order will automatically be cancelled if it is not shipped. And I now fully expect that it will be cancelled.

I wonder if they were just conducting a test to see what kind of interest there might be. Not sure if I will order from that particular store again when/if they eventually get stock in.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:58 AM   #37
Question Mark
Wizard

Well, my order now says it has shipped. However, it may take about 5 days for the tracking information to show up online. We shall see...
Old 11-15-2019, 03:20 PM   #38
EdBurke
EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Boox Note pro
Quote:
I've written to the shop a couple of times now to ask if they have the phone in stock and if they will be able to ship it before the order automatically gets cancelled. Haven't had a reply.

I thought they might say there had been an unavoidable delay and the they needed more time to process the order.

Delays unfortunately do occur, especially when new products are coming out. However, I'm not going to request an extension to the processing time without hearing from them. Instead, I'll just let the process run its course.

It is now less than 24 hours until my order will automatically be cancelled if it is not shipped. And I now fully expect that it will be cancelled.

I wonder if they were just conducting a test to see what kind of interest there might be. Not sure if I will order from that particular store again when/if they eventually get stock in.
Hello guys, I'm new in this forum. I've just registered to join this discussion.
I've been having the exactly the same situation that quoted, at the only difference that I've ordered an A6L, et non an A5. The seller have not sent

But, I would like to highlight the fact - if not already done - that so far only one seller has been selling A5 and A6L : "Shenzhen JTWX store".
I have been checking Aliexpress everyday for a few months, and I have noticed that the behaviour of this seller is not very normal. Firstly, he has opened around ten different pages for the same items (A5, A6, and A6L), each of it showing a presentation picture having just very few graphic details changing from the others.
Secondly, some days all the items suddenly disappear from Aliexpress - I guess he removes it - for a few days, and then it reappears...
Thirdly he does not answer to messages. On this point, I am not surprised as I have previously encountered this kind of behaviour from several other sellers, when I tried to buy an A6 a few months ago. After trying several times, finally I could never receive the device...(though I was fully and quickly refunded each time it occurred). It just means that they display the product on their online shop but do not own any real stock. They probably request (from warehouses shared between many other sellers the products) after it is ordered.
More surprisingly, on the first day when I noticed the occurence of the keyword "A6L" in Aliexpress, it was for a product entitled "A6/A6L" ... proposed by the same seller. When I asked them whether the product was in fact an A6 or an A6L, they replied telling me it was an A6. Then I asked them if they were expecting to have the A6L for sale in the future. They said "NO". Less than a week later they were proposing both A5 and A6L....

Despite that, I am still confident in the fact that in a near future they will effectively receive the products and begin to ship...
EdBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:54 PM   #39
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdBurke View Post
Hello guys, I'm new in this forum. I've just registered to join this discussion.
I've been having the exactly the same situation that quoted, at the only difference that I've ordered an A6L, et non an A5. The seller have not sent

Despite that, I am still confident in the fact that in a near future they will effectively receive the products and begin to ship...
Well, I now have a DHL tracking number. However, it only shows that the shipping information has been received and that the item will be shipping from Hong Kong.

I take that to mean that DHL does not yet currently have the package. That then means that the package is unlikely to arrive before November 19 when my Buyer Protection expires.

I have applied for an extension of the Buyer Protection. Hopefully, they will grant it. Otherwise I may have to open up a dispute. We shall see...
Old 11-18-2019, 02:55 PM   #40
EdBurke
EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.EdBurke shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Boox Note pro
Quote:
Well, I now have a DHL tracking number. However, it only shows that the shipping information has been received and that the item will be shipping from Hong Kong.

I take that to mean that DHL does not yet currently have the package. That then means that the package is unlikely to arrive before November 19 when my Buyer Protection expires.

I have applied for an extension of the Buyer Protection. Hopefully, they will grant it. Otherwise I may have to open up a dispute. We shall see...
Are 60 days not enough to cover the shipping duration?
In their conditions they specify that a 15 period of right to return the product and ask for refund starts upon delivery of the product.
Or did I misunderstand something?
Thanks for your feedback.

In my case, the seller hasn't shipped yet , nor has he replied to my messages... I ordered almost 3 weeks ago now...
EdBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:15 PM   #41
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdBurke View Post
Are 60 days not enough to cover the shipping duration?
In their conditions they specify that a 15 period of right to return the product and ask for refund starts upon delivery of the product.
Or did I misunderstand something?
Thanks for your feedback.

In my case, the seller hasn't shipped yet , nor has he replied to my messages... I ordered almost 3 weeks ago now...
I'm a little bit confused by their Purchase Protection policy.

I placed my order on October 31. On November 14, I got an email from Aliexpress saying that my order had shipped. In that email, it said that my Purchase Protection would end on 2019-11-19 PST. It advised me to Open Dispute if my order did not arrive before then otherwise my purchase would be "automatically finalized". It also suggested that I could apply to have the Purchase Protection extended if the seller agreed.

I did receive a DHL tracking number for my order. However, it only shows that DHL has received a notice of the shipping information. They do not seem to have the package and that information has not changed since last Thursday.

Afraid that my Purchase Protection would end on the 19th, I requested that the seller extend the protection period. However, I have not heard back.

Today, I tried to open a dispute as was suggested in the original email from Aliexpress. However, I then got a notice that I cannot open a dispute until 10 days after the packaged has shipped. I assume that means November 24th.

Looking at my order on the Aliexpress website, it indicates that my order will be closed in 18 days. That would be about December 7th.

However, on the seller's ad, it says that there will be a full refund if the product is not received within 23 days. That would be November 23rd. Or that might be December 3rd if one takes the 23 day delivery time to only include weekdays.

As you can see, the process is not altogether clear. It also does not help that the seller is not responding to my inquiries...

However, I'm not too worried at the moment. I'm hoping that things will eventually work themselves out. If not, and if Aliexpress doesn't refund me the money, then I will contact my credit card company. However, I am hopeful that it will not come to that.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:36 PM   #42
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
I'm in the same situation as Question Mark.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:53 AM   #43
defost
defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: none
It may be interesting to someone.
I did a little digging into this

Now on hisense.jd.com (which looks like the official Hisense store on jd.com, but maybe I'm wrong), an image (second from above) that says something like this:
Delivery of goods is delayed. We will continue shipping the goods to you from November 27 and will wait patiently.

I don't know Chinese, I used an automatic translator and shortened a bit.

I think this applies only to China, but it's also interesting.
defost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:48 AM   #44
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
It may be interesting to someone.
I did a little digging into this

Now on hisense.jd.com (which looks like the official Hisense store on jd.com, but maybe I'm wrong), an image (second from above) that says something like this:
Delivery of goods is delayed. We will continue shipping the goods to you from November 27 and will wait patiently.

I don't know Chinese, I used an automatic translator and shortened a bit.

I think this applies only to China, but it's also interesting.
Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

I don't mind patiently waiting. It would just be nice if the seller on Aliexpress were to acknowledge that there was a delay beyond their control and to then extend the Purchase Protection period to account for that delay.

Seems a simple thing to do and then at least their customers would be aware of the situation and not worrying that it is some kind of scam and potentially bad mouthing them in the process which might then lead to reduced sales...
Old 11-19-2019, 03:24 PM   #45
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenFez98 View Post
Price Is Good
With shipping, mine came to $400 CDN for the 64 GB model.

Not sure I would call that "good". However, it is not unreasonable.