Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #1501
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
FFDL FAQ on images in general. Also here.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #1502
RadiantPhoenix
Linux User
RadiantPhoenix began at the beginning.

Device: none
I had already managed to get a front page with a picture.

I'm trying to get the stories to have cover images in the library browser, like the example book does.
Advert
Old 06-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #1503
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPhoenix View Post
I had already managed to get a front page with a picture.
So you have the cover image inside, but not in calibre? There's an FFDL setting, see attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPhoenix View Post
I'm trying to get the stories to have cover images in the library browser, like the example book does.
If you want a generated cover, I suggest looking at the Generate Cover plugin. FFDL integrates with it and can call it on each download/update.

If neither of those are what you mean, please be more specific.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	107323  
Old 06-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #1504
RadiantPhoenix
Linux User
RadiantPhoenix began at the beginning.

The first one seems to have worked.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #1505
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Is there a way to add a character when the story does not have any?

When a story is downloaded, I want it to add 'no character' when there is no characters in the metadata. I'm primarily looking at FFN.

I tried the code:
Code:
 characters=>=>No Character
But it didn't seem to work. Is there a way to change the character metadata when it is empty?
Advert
Old 06-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #1506
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
Is there a way to add a character when the story does not have any?

When a story is downloaded, I want it to add 'no character' when there is no characters in the metadata. I'm primarily looking at FFN.
The fact that there are no characters isn't good enough to indicate 'no characters'??

This is what I've puzzled out that works:
Code:
# Add a new entry to hold the enhanced characters list.
extra_valid_entries:withnochars
withnochars_label:Characters

# Replace the regular characters list with withnochars in the title page.  
# It's your problem to do this everywhere you use characters. title, log, custom columns
titlepage_entries: seriesHTML,category,genre,language,withnochars,ships,status,datePublished,dateUpdated,dateCreated,rating,warnings,numChapters,numWords,site,description

# Add No Characters to characters always.
extracharacters:No Characters

# withnochars has all the real chars and No Characters
include_in_withnochars:characters

# Finally, remove No Characters from withnochars if there's 
# anything in characters other than No Characters.
replace_metadata:
 withnochars=>^No Characters$=>&&characters=>^(.+No Characters|No Characters.+)$
# The replacement is matching each list entry, while the conditional
# pattern (after &&) is matching the whole list with comma separators.
You can't match 'when it's empty' because when it's empty, replace_metadata isn't applied.

You can't do the replace directly on characters because that sets up an infinite recursion.

If you want this for a calibre column, I suggest you instead investigate creating a Custom 'Column built from other Columns' based on your (presumably) existing characters column. See attached and refer to the template manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	107377  
Old 06-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #1507
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Testing changes to support fanfic.mugglenet.com as well as fanfiction.mugglenet.com.

UPDATE Jul 3 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 07-03-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 06-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #1508
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.29 - 28 Jun 2013
  • New Site: fanfic.potterheadsanonymous.com - Thanks Ida!
  • New Site: www.simplyundeniable.com - Thanks Ida!
  • Allow domain fanfic.mugglenet.com for mugglenet.com
Old 06-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #1509
njd09
njd09 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to auto-populate a custom column with a pre-defined value when adding a new story. For instance, I have a custom column for unread, read, etc. Whenever I add a new story, or several stories, I have to manually edit each one and set it to unread. It would be very helpful if I could make it so that any new story I added was automatically set to unread, so I just wanted to know if that was possible. Thanks!
Old 06-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #1510
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Yes, but not directly. What you can do (and is the way I do it), is use the integration with the Reading List plugin.

If you have the Reading List plugin installed, FFDL can be configured to automatically add each new download or update to a 'to be read' list. Then you can configure the Reading List to update a custom column.

FFDL also has a handy feature for adding books to reading lists for sending to you devices.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #1511
njd09
njd09 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Great! I do have it installed, so I'll do that now. Thanks!
Old 06-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #1512
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

It's a bit dated now, but there's a how-to document for that on the project home site.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #1513
Ghostdraconi
Ghostdraconi began at the beginning.

I am suddenly experiencing this error on Fanfiction.net on this story
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3142126/1/April-10-1997

I've tried other urls and they work but I'm not sure what's up with this one. I'm on the latest version of Calibre and the plugin.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #1514
Snowman
Zealot
Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 5, Kindle K3, Kindle Voyage
I'm also receiving "substring not found" error for

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8861685/1/Just-Desserts

The same link appears to generate just fine on the ffdl site.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #1515
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Looks like ffnet is either having problems or changed their HTML again.

The problem is, I'm still seeing the old version so it works fine for me still. Until I'm seeing the new version too, I can't update FFDL for it.
Closed Thread