Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 12:06 AM   #1
FERRANTE
FERRANTE began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Default conversion for Kindle2 possible?

Hello,
I am new to Calibre and love it. However, is there a way to have Calibre automatically convert downloaded news to the Kindle format so I am not constantly asked if I want it to convert after news is downloaded and before I attach my Kindle? It seems like in doing that, things would move faster. If that can be done, would you mind walking me through the steps, please? Thanks in advance for your help!
FERRANTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:59 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
go to preferences and change your output format to MOBI
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Oh and change your output profile to kindle
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:22 AM   #4
FERRANTE
FERRANTE began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks!
FERRANTE is offline   Reply With Quote