Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-09-2021, 07:03 PM   #721
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
Thanks for the trace.

I think the snippet in FBInk might be slightly misleading:
Code:
		SEND_INPUT_EVENT(EV_ABS, ABS_MT_PRESSURE, 0);
It might be better to use the pressure values from the evtest trace.
I'm pretty sure I can actually get 0 pressure events on contact lifts .

(Hell, on contact *down* on the Elipsa, actually, but those are arguably bugs the kernel is already loudly complaining about ;p).

(But, granted, in the FBInk snippet, it's synthetic and set to 0 specifically to make the fact that it is a contact lift event clearer).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 07:30 PM   #722
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

* FL is okay .
* When handled via gyro, Portrait & Inverted Portrait are, well, inverted ;p.
* Rotation seems fine via the menu (at least it's consistent).
* Seems fine as far as ePubs, PDFs & thumbnails are concerned .
* Screenshots work and are sane.
* Sketch works, but it's not necessarily as speedy as it is on mxcfb, and it doesn't deal very well with the sheer amount of events the pen generates (as in, it's *extremely* laggy with a pen, and the curve smoothing is affected by the increased resolution).

* Speaking of the pen, it otherwise behaves sensibly .
* And speaking of Sketch, it appears to be dumping the full queue of WAIT_FOR ioctls on exit :?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sketch-20210910_012153.png
Views:	98
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	189175  

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-09-2021 at 07:32 PM. Reason: (Clicked send before uploading the sketch screenshot ;p)
Advert
Old 09-09-2021, 07:34 PM   #723
NiLuJe
BLAM!

And before it comes up: Inverted colors doesn't work (it gets checked, the menu closes, it's unchecked, and nothing is inverted).

There's no HW inversion support, but there is finally dedicated waveforms, so it's a bit of a shame as it's currently the only Kobo device where such an option is actually bearable ;p.
Old 09-09-2021, 07:37 PM   #724
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I also apparently managed to softlock the Touch events app? It no longer displays notifications, and the return button is highlighted but doesn't actually return ;p.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:12 AM   #725
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
There's no HW inversion support, but there is finally dedicated waveforms.
I didn't know that. I guess the waveforms you're referring to must be EINK_G{C,L}K16_MODE?
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2021, 07:51 AM   #726
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yup, those are the ones .
Old 09-10-2021, 02:49 PM   #727
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I also apparently managed to softlock the Touch events app? It no longer displays notifications, and the return button is highlighted but doesn't actually return ;p.
I also managed to trigger this on one of my devices. It might be a stuck contact that prevents further gestures.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:05 PM   #728
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
* Sketch works, but it's not necessarily as speedy as it is on mxcfb, and it doesn't deal very well with the sheer amount of events the pen generates
It currently renders without any consideration for the time it might take for A2 to refresh the screen. I'll have to find a way to deal with the tempestuous event stream.

Quote:
* And speaking of Sketch, it appears to be dumping the full queue of WAIT_FOR ioctls on exit :?
Sketch uses specific render events for the fingers/pen that never wait for any of the existing update regions. I guess all the update regions are being waited for when the previous view becomes the current view and renders itself, since its rectangle covers the entire screen.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:09 PM   #729
baskerville
Evangelist

Here's a new version that incorporates the gyro glitch and adds support for Invert Colors.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plato-elipsa-02.zip (1.98 MB, 88 views)
Old 09-10-2021, 05:45 PM   #730
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
It currently renders without any consideration for the time it might take for A2 to refresh the screen. I'll have to find a way to deal with the tempestuous event stream.
When I played with the pen, I had some success simply dropping successive events where the coordinates were identical (or nearly so), as an (easy) start .

There's also the actual pen mode which makes DU/A2 faster, at the expense of... even more weird quirks .

(c.f., https://github.com/NiLuJe/FBInk/blob...ce.c#L307-L321 and the other related bits in there).
Old 09-10-2021, 06:12 PM   #731
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Here's a new version that incorporates the gyro glitch and adds support for Invert Colors.
Looks good to me ;o).
Old 09-11-2021, 07:51 AM   #732
baskerville
Evangelist

Plato 0.9.19

I've released 0.9.19.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:57 AM   #733
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateau View Post
The current max values for Margin and Font size are not enough for my needs.
You can now set the minimum and maximum values for the margin width and font size in the [reader] section of Settings.toml.
Old 09-23-2021, 01:37 PM   #734
schlogo
schlogo began at the beginning.

Device: Aura h2o
Noob question

Hello

I have a newbie question. I have a Aura h2o . I find it slow, i cannot take notes correctly .

So does plato replaces completly the installed system or does it work on top of the actual kobo system ?

And will it improve speed ?

tks !
schlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 02:50 PM   #735
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by schlogo View Post
So does plato replaces completly the installed system or does it work on top of the actual kobo system ?
The answer to your question is neither. The most typical installation method will make it available as an option in a menu. While Plato runs it then "replaces" the standard software, but not permanently.

Quote:
And will it improve speed ?
It should, yes.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote