Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-22-2021, 05:00 PM   #1
Ciceronn
Ciceronn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage,Paperwhite
Integration of third-party converters into the program Calibre

Question to the developer(Covid Goyal) of the calibre - is it possible to implement the ability to integrate a third-party converter into the program?

There is an excellent converter- fb2converter, I would be glad to see it in the program if possible

Here is a link to the program and documentation:https://github.com/rupor-github/fb2converter
Ciceronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 10:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are welcome to create a conversion input plugin using whatever you like.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2021, 03:35 AM   #3
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciceronn View Post
There is an excellent converter- fb2converter, I would be glad to see it in the program if possible
It would be great to have a fb2converter plugin.
Cheer up!
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 05:05 AM   #4
Ciceronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You are welcome to create a conversion input plugin using whatever you like.
I did not mean to create a new plugin, but the ability to connect a third-party program, the development of which is a wind of another person, an .exe program
please familiarize yourself with the program, it is very good and will very well help in calibre

Last edited by Ciceronn; 09-23-2021 at 05:07 AM.
Old 09-23-2021, 05:08 AM   #5
Ciceronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
It would be great to have a fb2converter plugin.
Cheer up!
unfortunately I have no skills to create a plugin
Advert
Old 09-23-2021, 06:38 AM   #6
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciceronn View Post
unfortunately I have no skills to create a plugin
Neither do I.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:45 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Help it do what? calibre already converts fb2. If you want to make a case that this program converts better, you are welcome to do so, but so far I see no evidence of that. And you can call whatever programs you like in input plugins. If you mean you want calibre to use this program to do the full conversion, then you can write a GUI plugin to do so.

If what you are asking is that I integrate this program into calibre for you, I'm afraid I am not interested.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:52 AM   #8
Ciceronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
then you can write a GUI plugin to do so.
That's what I'm talking about.

unfortunately I don't know how to write GUI plugin(

Tags
fb2converter, fb2mobi