Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2019, 06:17 PM   #1
zkhcohen
Junior Member
zkhcohen began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2019
Device: pc
Thumbs down Calibre Version 4.0 Fails to Open Books

See error:

calibre, version 4.0.0
ERROR: Loading book failed: Failed to open the book at C:\<PATH TO MY LIBRARY>\Books\Brown, Adrienne Maree\Pleasure Activism_ The Politics of (1051)\Pleasure Activism_ The Politics - Brown, Adrienne Maree.epub. Click "Show details" for more info.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\ui.py", line 248, in _load_ebook_worker
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\convert_book.py", line 162, in prepare_book
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied
zkhcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
theducks's Avatar
 
Posts: 26,669
Karma: 41845871
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Central Coast of California
Device: Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkhcohen View Post
See error:

calibre, version 4.0.0
ERROR: Loading book failed: Failed to open the book at C:\<PATH TO MY LIBRARY>\Books\Brown, Adrienne Maree\Pleasure Activism_ The Politics of (1051)\Pleasure Activism_ The Politics - Brown, Adrienne Maree.epub. Click "Show details" for more info.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\ui.py", line 248, in _load_ebook_worker
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\convert_book.py", line 162, in prepare_book
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied
Something is blocking.

Is it (the file) open in another window? eg viewer
Will any other book convert?

That could be access denied for the Temp folder. Try disabling your A/V just for a test
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:59 PM   #3
zkhcohen
Junior Member
zkhcohen began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2019
Device: pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Something is blocking.

Is it (the file) open in another window? eg viewer
Will any other book convert?

That could be access denied for the Temp folder. Try disabling your A/V just for a test
It started working after launching / relaunching Calibre as Admin, once.
zkhcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:04 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
theducks's Avatar
 
Posts: 26,669
Karma: 41845871
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Central Coast of California
Device: Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkhcohen View Post
It started working after launching / relaunching Calibre as Admin, once.
Something on YOUR system is not being friendly.
My problem with W10 is I am not aware what it is GOING to update. I can only check after the fact (usually because I am now having glitches )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calibre cannot open ebook reader, edit books, or re-open once closed baggins41 Calibre 15 04-22-2021 07:54 AM
Calibre won't open after downloading newest version 5ummer5now Calibre 4 07-12-2019 12:53 PM
Working recpie fails under new Calibre version zoltan.navy Recipes 5 08-20-2018 12:39 PM
PRS-505 cannot open books with version 3.1 enzo Introduce Yourself 2 01-15-2010 11:27 AM
Can not open Calibre (Version: 0.4.86) sergiodongala Calibre 29 09-28-2008 02:23 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.