Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-23-2023, 06:16 AM   #1
dancingbear84
dancingbear84 began at the beginning.

Device: none
"Bricked" Kindle Touch Basic 8th Gen KT3

I have not had a good few weeks with Kindles!
My much loved Voyage took a tumble and the screen shattered. I replaced it with my kids unused Kindle 10 which n my mind is a downgrade but that's another thing...

The issues with the KT3 is as follows my Dad's partner gave me a call because I am the go to tech guy in the family, apparently the Kindle " Did a firmware upgrade, then there was a message about the firmware flash being bad and now it won't work"

So I have a look the Kindle either shows one of 2 states, battery flat or the Kindle Tree logo thing. When attaching to a PC it does not show as a USB drive, nor does it appear as anything in Device Manager.

A long time ago in the dim and distant past I dabbled with rims and stuff in Android, but that is going back about 10 years I reckon.

My question is, is there an "easy" way to unblock this device, if there is not an easy way, is there a hard way, I am able to wield a soldering iron and have read stuff about JTAG and UART, but was hoping for an easy solution if possible. I very much doubt that the device is anything other than stock, the level of technical competence from Dad and his partner extends to "I rebooted it and that didn't work"
dancingbear84 is offline   Reply With Quote