Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-03-2023, 07:12 PM   #1
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
CloudLibrary Merging with Libby - One App to Rule Them All?

Yesterday, I got this email from my library:

Quote:
On June 30, 2023, the New Orleans Public Library's e-book collection with CloudLibrary is merging with Libby. With Libby, you’ll find the same great e-book and e-audiobook titles from our Library in a beautiful, modern, and easy-to-use app. If you've enjoyed using CloudLibrary, we think you'll love Libby. If you don’t already have the Libby app, download it today on your phone or tablet.
A "beautiful, modern, and easy-to-use app"?
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 07:40 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
That email is a vaguely worded. It does not say that CloudLibrary is merging with Libby. It says that the library's collection with CloudLibrary is merging. That could mean that New Orleans is dropping CloudLibrary and making up for it by adding the missing titles to their Libby collection.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2023, 05:39 AM   #3
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
That email is a vaguely worded. It does not say that CloudLibrary is merging with Libby. It says that the library's collection with CloudLibrary is merging. That could mean that New Orleans is dropping CloudLibrary and making up for it by adding the missing titles to their Libby collection.
You're probably right. That's also probably why I didn't read anything about a merger here on MobileRead.

It's still disappointing. I've frequently been able to find titles through CloudLibrary or Hoopla that I couldn't find through OverDrive/Libby. While the CloudLibrary app wasn't pretty, it worked pretty well for me.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote