Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-28-2013, 02:47 AM   #1
EinkMonitor
Enthusiast
EinkMonitor with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitEinkMonitor with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitEinkMonitor with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitEinkMonitor with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitEinkMonitor with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitEinkMonitor with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitEinkMonitor with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitEinkMonitor with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitEinkMonitor with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitEinkMonitor with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitEinkMonitor with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle DX
"Update your kindle" option grayed out/gone

hi,

i jailbroke my kindle. Then i factory rest it instead of installling the jailbreak uninstall file.

now when i try to install jailbreak (new version) or uninstall the old version the "update your kindle" option is not there, even after i place the instal or uninstall file in the root. I go to menu > settings >menu and the option to "update your kindle" is not there.

i know i should have used the uninstall file before doing factory reset. i want to install kvncviewer/jailbreak/usbnetworking again but cannot without the "update your kindle" option
EinkMonitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:31 AM   #2
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Are you sure you're using the correct Jailbreak?
Have you tried installing the Jailbreak again before removing it?
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert