Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-09-2020, 07:50 PM   #1
quatermass
quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Anyone here replace their Voyage battery? Question.

When you reassembled it, how did you get the top back panel to stay on? It doesn't lie flat like before it was removed and it doesn't snap back on. The adhesive on the parts doesn't hold it together tight. I've watched the YouTube video and they just press on it and the panel appears to lock in place. What am I missing?
quatermass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:15 AM   #2
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by quatermass View Post
When you reassembled it, how did you get the top back panel to stay on? It doesn't lie flat like before it was removed and it doesn't snap back on. The adhesive on the parts doesn't hold it together tight. I've watched the YouTube video and they just press on it and the panel appears to lock in place. What am I missing?
I replaced my Voyage battery last summer, IIRC. It was nowhere near as easy/simple as the tutorial video makes it out to be! Removing the back panel was nearly impossible as was putting it back on, but ultimately it just snaps back on, although not completely. But not without applying quite a bit of pressure. I have a case for my Voyage and that's probably doing the job of keeping the back panel to stay on.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:28 PM   #3
quatermass
quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Looks like I'll need to do the same. Nothing is holding this panel on. My lovely Voyage will never be the same.
quatermass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:48 PM   #4
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
If a battery dies probably best to ge a new ereader I would think. I admit I miss my voyage. Form factor would be good as a 7" or 8"
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:54 AM   #5
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
If a battery dies probably best to ge a new ereader I would think. I admit I miss my voyage. Form factor would be good as a 7" or 8"
Yes!
I have tried the Oasis format several times and always returned to the Voyage. It's too inconvenient for me (swapping from one hand to the other, reading while lying on the side etc.) If I want a larger format for books I now also use my iPad more often (and of course, I borrow more books from my library because the iPad allows me to do that). If, however, a new Kindle with 7-8" screen and a ‘vertical’ orientation were released, I'd probably return to the Amazon store again...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:06 AM   #6
Braid
Groupie
Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2nd), Kobo Aura One, Kindle Voyage, Kobo H2O (1st)
What's wrong with the Paperwhite models?

I have a Voyage and I do like it very much - I dig the buttons and the contrast and sharpness are excellent. But, I still don't quite understand what people like so much about the Voyage over the Paperwhite.
Braid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:11 AM   #7
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braid View Post

I have a Voyage and I do like it very much - I dig the buttons and the contrast and sharpness are excellent. But, I still don't quite understand what people like so much about the Voyage over the Paperwhite.
IMHO, it's the best Kindle that Amazon has produced, for exactly the reason you already cites - haptic page turn buttons and the incredible screen quality.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 11:32 AM   #8
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:

+1 to what 93terp said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
IMHO, it's the best Kindle that Amazon has produced, for exactly the reason you already cites - haptic page turn buttons and the incredible screen quality.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 07:31 AM   #9
Hath
Juno's Member
Hath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Are the Kindle's Voyage's page turn buttons faster than the touchscreen taps on a Paperwhite 4 10th gen for example? I like the haptic feedback and the idea of buttons on the side for both forward and back on both sides. But a similar or faster speed turn would be ideal. I've heard that on older models with physical buttons, they turn the page almost instanty. Is that the case with the voyage?
Hath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 02:52 PM   #10
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:

Screen quality is superior and can also operate in the cold with gloves on. I also prefer the adaptable lighting as I read in the afternoon when lighting is changing dramatically (today it is dark and grim, so makes no difference).

I changed the battery on one Voyage. I have arthritis in my fingers and my brother was able to snap the back on. It's good and tight.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote