Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-11-2023, 07:23 PM   #1
alper
alper began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin, offline Kindle
Best epub reader on iOS?

Hi,

I guess it's time that I get off Marvin finally.

I've tried a dozen or so epub readers but I understand from some posts here that Mapleread may be the one I should go to?

Are there any readers paid/unpaid that I've missed?

Thanks,
Alper
alper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 04:01 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Bluefire Reader is the best on iOS for epub2 and epub3 compliance in my humble opinion.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 04:50 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Is it the same as Bluefire on Android? It seems OK on Android.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 10:19 AM   #4
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by alper View Post
Hi,

I guess it's time that I get off Marvin finally.

I've tried a dozen or so epub readers but I understand from some posts here that Mapleread may be the one I should go to?

Are there any readers paid/unpaid that I've missed?

Thanks,
Alper
Check out BookFusion. A few Marvin and Kybook readers now use the app. More at https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bookfusion/id1141834096

The other suggestions are not frequently updated.
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 05:06 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Is it the same as Bluefire on Android? It seems OK on Android.
I cannot say if Bluefire Reader is the same as it is on Android, but on iOS, Bluefire is using the latest version of RMSDK.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 10:19 AM   #6
alper

OK.

Bluefire Reader won't let me export highlights at all?

BookFusion has functionality to export highlights but it is buggy. Bookfusion does look good and a lot better than Mapleread.
BookFusion also does not sync highlights to the website which I thought might be a way to get them out.
Old 02-19-2023, 10:32 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kobo ereader with epub and using text to Kobo Utilities on Calibre, not pen on Elpsa or Sage, is the best thing if annotations & highlights are important.
Most apps and some eInk are only good for reading.
Doing proof of word-processor files via epub for years.
Old 02-19-2023, 10:47 AM   #8
alper

I'm finding the same as this person:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=272961

There's no good way to export a bunch of annotations in one go from Kobo iOS. Trying Marginnote now.
Old 02-19-2023, 12:02 PM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
There's no good way to export a bunch of annotations in one go from Kobo iOS. Trying Marginnote now.
I meant a Kobo eInk. I've never found ANY app any good for proof reading or annotation.
Forget iOS, Android, Mac, Windows for serious proof reading & annotation. Kobo eInk, or at worst and it is a lot poorer, Kindle eInk.
Old 02-19-2023, 01:45 PM   #10
alper

I'm trying the Kybook 3 now (with the red icon). I have two other Kybook apps installed which aren't it but Kybook3 looks good for now. Maybe that'll become my daily driver.
Old 02-21-2023, 06:04 PM   #11
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Quote:
OK.

Bluefire Reader won't let me export highlights at all?

BookFusion has functionality to export highlights but it is buggy. Bookfusion does look good and a lot better than Mapleread.
BookFusion also does not sync highlights to the website which I thought might be a way to get them out.

Hey alper,

We talked with you via the support system.

Quote:
Oh, I found that but when I tried it it was super buggy. Now it seems to work. -Alper
As mentioned you might have tried to do exports while having both the iOS and Web app open at the same time. You need to refresh or close and open the book to ensure that they are synced.

Happy that it now works.
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 09:08 PM   #12
fermin
Enthusiast
fermin plays well with othersfermin plays well with othersfermin plays well with othersfermin plays well with othersfermin plays well with othersfermin plays well with othersfermin plays well with othersfermin plays well with othersfermin plays well with othersfermin plays well with othersfermin plays well with others

Device: iOS
I am (or was) also in the same position - have to find a replacement for Marvin since it's gone from the App store. I know how I could transfer it to my next iPhone, but unfortunately there's no guarantee the in-app purchases will survive the procedure.

Have a look at i2reader Cloud. Some more information can be found at http://en.i2reader.net. I also posted some info about it in the Marvin part of this forum: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=173

So far (2 days and counting ), so good. It does everything I need from an ebook reader.
fermin is offline   Reply With Quote