Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-17-2019, 11:13 PM   #1
lelukas
lelukas began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Exclamation "Destroying Packages" on PW3 firmware 5.10.3

I was caught by a OTA update, totally forgot to block them. Sometimes, screensaver and KUAL randomly stop working, so I could just reinstall its .bin files copying them to mrpackages folder and hitting a ;log mrpi. On 5.10.3, I'm getting "Destroying Packages" everytime I try to reinstall them.

So, what are my options? can I downgrade to a previous version? Is there other way to have KUAL and screensaver working?
lelukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:30 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Have you tried downloading and installing all the latest versions of the hotfix, MRPI, KUAL, python and linkss from the snapshots thread?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:39 PM   #3
lelukas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Have you tried downloading and installing all the latest versions of the hotfix, MRPI, KUAL, python and linkss from the snapshots thread?
Well, I'm not quite sure if I tried the latest versions of them all. The last version of the hotfix that I've found was from a 2014 post. For the other ones, I used this files:

Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7_install.bin
Update_linkss_0.24.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3.bin
Update_python_0.14.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3.bin

Could you provide me a link to the lastest version of hotfix? Also, could confirm if those versions that I used are the most recent ones? Thanks.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:45 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@lelukas: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

My TODO list keeps growing limbs, but actually deprecating the legacy release posts in favor of the snapshots is planned. Fro real. Soon.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:01 AM   #5
lelukas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@lelukas: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

My TODO list keeps growing limbs, but actually deprecating the legacy release posts in favor of the snapshots is planned. Fro real. Soon.
oh, thanks a lot! Im gonna check that right away
Old 04-18-2019, 12:03 AM   #6
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Latest hotfix:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1597

Install this first!

Note: KUAL Kindlet (azw2) doesn’t work anymore so you’ll probably need to do step #6 & 8 from this guide.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313086

Last edited by ilovejedd; 04-18-2019 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:20 AM   #7
lelukas

Quote:
Latest hotfix:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1597

Install this first!

Note: KUAL Kindlet (azw2) doesn’t work anymore so you’ll probably need to do step #6 & 8 from this guide.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313086
I updated the MR Packages and I still couldn't update the hot fix. Here's the log:

Code:
Failed to parse package 'Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.15.N_install.bin' (jailbreak hotfix 1.15.N I) [return code: 126], skipping . . . :(
Old 04-18-2019, 01:12 AM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Please take note of installation instructions. Hotfix needs to be on Kindle root and is installed via Update your Kindle. I believe the hotfix is actually what allows ;log mrpi to work.

All other add-ons are installed via MRPI.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:49 AM   #9
lelukas

Quote:
Please take note of installation instructions. Hotfix needs to be on Kindle root and is installed via Update your Kindle. I believe the hotfix is actually what allows ;log mrpi to work.

All other add-ons are installed via MRPI.
Oh, right! I was so used to just use MRPI for everything that didn't notice that. Everything is working again now. Thanks!

Also, is there a way to delete or just hide the old non working Kual book from my library?
Old 04-18-2019, 03:17 AM   #10
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelukas View Post
Also, is there a way to delete or just hide the old non working Kual book from my library?
in terminal
Code:
cd /var/local
sqlite3 cc.db 'update entries set p_isvisibleinhome=0 where p_location="/mnt/us/documents/KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2"'
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote