Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
Ron46
Zealot
Ron46 doesn't litterRon46 doesn't litter

Device: JetbookLite, EB-1150, PalmIIIXE
Case

I have seen this neoprene pouch all over the web marked up to $15 or more (you can tell by the name on the zipper pulls). Here you can get it for $5.04 or under $5 if you buy more than one. The link is to a blue one, they are out of black right now but seem to keep restocking.

It is not a super tight fit, about 1 1/2 inches too long and 1 inch too wide, but good quality and you can have it shipped postal. Beats a zip-lock bag. I had 3 black ones shipped priority mail and got them in a couple of days.

Do a search for "Jetbook" and see all the other accessories very reasonably priced.

http://www.unitedintegral.com/6-inch...ase-P1433.aspx

Last edited by Ron46; 01-02-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Ron46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:51 AM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks for that link, Ron. Do you remember what they stick you for shipping?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 01:16 AM   #3
vt100
vt100 began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook-Lite
They appear to ship from California and I put in my Indiana zip code to get:
Method/
Rate
UPS Ground/
$6.47
UPS 3 Day Select/
$12.81
UPS 2nd Day Air®/
$17.57
UPS Next Day Air®/
$43.94
Parcel Post/
$5.40
First Class Mail/
$2.57
Priority Mail/
$5.45
Express Mail/
$21.40
vt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
GoneNova
Enthusiast
GoneNova is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 4,Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One, Libra2
I just bought 2 for $4.79 each. They charged me $3.42 for shipping (First Class.) $13 total.
Thanks, Ron.
GoneNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I guess it only makes sense to order more than one item at those prices.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I like the case for jetBook-Lite below but I didn't find it in US:

Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:35 PM   #7
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
If anybody decides to make a quantity order of those Lite cases (from it.com.cn), I'd go in on it.. Would be perfect for the wife's Lite..
heffe2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #8
Hollie
Hollie doesn't litterHollie doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505/RC
They have those neoprene cases all over eBay for short money too.
Hollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #9
heffe2001
Zealot

I have one of the neoprene cases on the way for my regular jetbook, but the wife wants something a bit more like the new case pictured here.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #10
JeePea
Enthusiast
JeePea is on a distinguished road

Device: Ectaco Jetbook Lite
I would also be interested in one of the Chinese cases should they somehow become available for order by individuals. I suspect that an order for a very large quantity would be required to make a wholesale purchase.
JeePea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #11
kabir
kabir began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeePea View Post
I would also be interested in one of the Chinese cases should they somehow become available for order by individuals. I suspect that an order for a very large quantity would be required to make a wholesale purchase.
It doesn't seem to be sold separately anywhere. I looked all over the place on Chinese sites and couldn't find it. I think we could just get a normal case and cut the back for battery compartment.
kabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #12
heffe2001
Zealot

I'm hoping we can find these at some point in the states, as I'd rather not have to modify a case to fit the reader. You'd think Ectaco would get some of these style cases and sell them as accessories to the unit, instead of leaving their new reader out in the cold without a cover..
Old 01-04-2010, 11:39 PM   #13
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I like the "Krusell" leather case for my pda, I hope they decide to make something
for the various eReader devices. They are a Swedish company so they may want to
support a device like the JetBook or JetBook Lite, that provides euro lang translation dictionaries. I haven't seen anything much for eReaders, on their site, yet, though.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #14
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
This looks intersting for the JBL:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...ASN-DT&cat=CAR

(Hope the link works, it seems like it's there twice.)

You might have to work on the interior pading to make it match the JBL, though.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote