Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-03-2017, 11:48 AM   #1
palazzo
Enthusiast
palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Keeping date order?

Transferring my library to my new Oasis...is there any way to keep the Calibre date order? Previous times the new machine has just made them all new and so lost the original date order. I hope I'm posting this question on the right board.
palazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:52 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by palazzo View Post
Transferring my library to my new Oasis...is there any way to keep the Calibre date order? Previous times the new machine has just made them all new and so lost the original date order. I hope I'm posting this question on the right board.
Dates only get reordered if you use ADD or Repair.

Just use the OS to copy the Library folder over
<tip> read the FAQ, it covers how to copy (and a lot of other things commonly asked)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2017, 12:15 PM   #3
palazzo
Enthusiast
palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

I looked in the FAQ, and still can't find any help, even now using the word 'copy'. I think I tried copying the whole folder across using Windows last time but as it changed the Date Modified info it didn't work.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:24 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palazzo View Post
I looked in the FAQ, and still can't find any help, even now using the word 'copy'. I think I tried copying the whole folder across using Windows last time but as it changed the Date Modified info it didn't work.
Windows Date Modified or Calibre Date_modified?

Actually, I would be surprised if you had done a Windows copy and saw File dates change.
So,you must be doing something else along with the copy, to cause last_modified to change
Old 11-03-2017, 12:50 PM   #5
palazzo
Enthusiast

Thank you for your patience. Window Date Modified. I am not aware of Calibre Date_modified (or last_modified).

I've been trying just dragging-and-dropping library folders into the Kindle, but the Kindle than seems to add a folder with the present time and date that duplicates the name of the folder it's in with .sdr on the end. And the date order is lost in the Kindle library.
Advert
Old 11-03-2017, 12:57 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

That sounds like a Kindle issue as SDR IS NOT a calibre extension

Have you tried Send to folder or Send to device ?
(Sorry, I missed the Kindle part before)
Old 11-03-2017, 01:02 PM   #7
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
You need to look at the Reading list plugin, use it to make a list of the ebooks on your old reader then use that list to transfer the books to your new Oasis.

Quote:
  • Lists can be manually populated, auto-populated based on books on a device, or auto-populated based on a tag/custom column value
  • Optionally sync each list to one or more devices, a folder or iTunes
  • Specify whether list sync should add only new items not on device, add all items every time, remove all items that are on the list, or replace all items on the device with the list
  • Optionally force a sync to the device of your list if adding while it is connected
bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote