Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-30-2015, 04:19 AM   #1
uiuiii
uiuiii began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Adding a BACK or MD screen button to the "Review Downloaded Metadata" screen

In this screen "Review Downloaded Metadata", there is a NEXT button, but neither BACK, [nor FIRST nor LAST]. Would it be possible to add a BACK button there (like in Edit Metadata Individually)?

It is because often I click NEXT by error, then can not return back to the previous one, specially when I update more than 100 books...

Also, if it is possible, similar to the View button, to add:
- an Edit Metadata Individually popup screen, to bring individual book MD screen for other changes (particularly for the custom fields). Until now I had to jot down which books not having fully correct MD to come back later to edit these books MD.
- if the above individual screen is not possible, then a button to re-download individual MD or icon for this book (often during the download, the plugin chooses automatically the MD it thinks that it best matches, which is not always correct! With Edit Metadata Individually, it is possible to choose the correct MD).

Also, after having spent time to review one per one, suddenly, while editing a field (in this review screen) pressing an ENTER suddenly will quit that screen and cancel all what have been edited/adjusted. For instance, if we edit the tags, then move a mouse by error, then press ENTER, then ... all lost! Should it have a message "Are you sure to quit, cancelling all edits"? Also, it would be nice to have the option to save so downloaded MD in that screen, then postpone for later checking (or repeat check if it was lost by mistake). (Do I ask too much? Hope that will not be in a PRO release )

Found the thread <Adding a field to the "Review Downloaded Metadata" screen> but it is closed, is there a thread similar to that? Sorry if exist, I have not found so far.

Thanks for all!

Last edited by uiuiii; 07-31-2015 at 06:40 AM.
uiuiii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back button, downloaded metadata, review