Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #1
pa_ubach
pa_ubach began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3
Navigation panel stuck in New York Times

Dear all,

I am using the New York Times (Web) recipe to fetch the paper and load it to my Sony Reader PRS-T3. By the way, I am new to the Reader device as I am also new to Calibre.

Everything seems to work right, but after reading a few pages of the newspaper, suddenly the Reader navigation panel pops up (and the EPUB's navigation bar disappears) and I can't find a way to recover the original layout. I have tried everything in the Reader to hide the navigation panel, but without success. In fact, in the navigation panel I get under this behavior, there is only the [Table of Contents] button. And by tapping the page number at the bottom of the screen, I can switch to the reminiding buttons in the Navigation panel.

The only solution I find is to transfer again the file from Calibre to the Sony Reader to revert the [mis]behavior.

I don't know what exactly triggers this bug. I will post again as soon as I find out.

Has anyone else felt this problem?

Thanks!
pa_ubach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
pa_ubach
pa_ubach began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3
I have found another user experiencing the same problem:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=229838
pa_ubach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2014, 12:11 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The sony reader's periodical format is only partialy reverse engineered, therefore there can occassionally be issues with periodicals. I suggest changing your output profile in calibre to generix e-ink device, then the sony format will not be used and you will be able to read the periodical as a regular book.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, navigation panel, recipe, sony reader