Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-15-2015, 06:23 PM   #1
san2710
san2710 began at the beginning.

Device: none
view calibre library at cloud copy.com

Sorry if this is not write place for this thread.
I created my calibre library at cloud at copy.com, mostly because it is free and my library is bigger than 5GB. I would like to view that library, to see the list of books there, with some sorting capabilities, eventually read a book selected in that library or get it (download) from library and read by some other program, all of this with some other PC using internet anywhere ( or tablet) without to have a copy of that library locally . I want to give an access to my library to some friends abroad that they can access it through internet.
I was reading different threads but I could not find an answer which will satisfy my needs. This should be a standard feature but as I understand the calibre program requires to download all books locally but I want to give them only options to view and download books without playing with database( their internet is limited by no so great speed and an amount of data)
Thank you in advance for help.
san2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:09 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You don't need to download a local copy, if you use the Content Server that is part of calibre. But you do need to set up port forwarding and ideally a Dynamic DNS service like https://www.duckdns.org/ if you want to access the server outside your home WiFi network.

The other option is to use calibre2opds (see my signature), usually with Dropbox. Although it may be possible with Copy.com, IF they allow you to share a folder and make it into a pseudo-server.

I've got lots of Dropbox space, mostly because people signed up via my referral link in my signature.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2015, 04:02 AM   #3
san2710
san2710 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I already try Content server but did not use Dynamic DNS. I would like to try to use calibre2opds , but i am somehow confused how to make all those settings . What is an easy procedure to make proper settings. I need some more friendly information and probably more time to study and understand all of that.
san2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:45 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The official calibre2opds User Guide: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Cali...Cloud_Services

Apparently, Copy.com is known not to work.

Although Google Drive might work, and Dropbox definitely does.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #5
eduardomb
eduardomb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The official calibre2opds User Guide: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Cali...Cloud_Services

Apparently, Copy.com is known not to work.

Although Google Drive might work, and Dropbox definitely does.
I've saw your link and seems that dropbox doesn't anymore with calibre2opds. Can u confirm it? I 've tried and seems that doens't work =(

If u don't use it, don't bother to test

Sorry for my english. Hope u understand
eduardomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2016, 07:24 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Dropbox still works if you have an account that has a 'public' folder. However I do not think this is available for new Dropbox accounts.

GoogleDrive works if you follow the instructions in the User Guide on how to set it up for Calibre2opds.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote