Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 10:25 PM   #61
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I'm with daffy.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #62
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
New book.

Numenon (Bloodsong Series) by Sandy Nathan - $0.99

Thanks to Todd A Fonseca for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd A Fonseca View Post
Just saw where Sandy Nathan (award winning author) has posted her book Numenon on Kindle and for 99 cents. This is a good deal guys. I thought the book was quite good.

My full review is below...

Leading Numenon, the largest and most powerful corporation on the Earth, Will Duane carries a secret. Haunted for years by the memory of his demanding and verbally abusive father, Will compensates by driving for ever greater success at all costs. Ethics, faithfulness, relationships, all take a back seat to his overriding lust for power. But the success he achieves leaves him empty. Forever stalked by a dark presence creating a pall over everything in his life, Will finds solace by retreating within himself by physically punishing his body through excessive exercise. Nearing exhaustion, something special happens. A heightened state of awareness occurs through a glowing column of light beginning at the base of his spine. Will achieves what mystics call - Kundalini - here he is safe; here is where he finds peace; here is where he finds answers.

From his lean-to in remote New Mexico, a Native American shaman-known by many names but by his followers as "grandfather"-senses the gathering of evil. It will be at the annual gathering of his spirit warriors, simply called "the meeting", where this darkness will descend and collide with grandfather's spiritual forces and the corporate power of Numenon.

In Numenon, national award winning author Sandy Nathan takes the reader through the parallel journeys of two very different worlds - that of corporate deals and greed juxtaposed with that of Native American Indians on the reservation. Alternating between these two realities, Nathan explores each of the characters histories - their lives, choices, and experiences which have led them to the present conditions. Nearing the spiritually charged ground where the meeting is to occur, each of the characters feel the intensity of what they are about to experience and each must choose their path forward.

This is the first book in the Bloodsong series by Nathan. Those expecting a tidy closure to all of the plot's elements will instead find a continuously building pressure cooker leading to a climatic meeting of forces to be resolved in future volumes. This is a very enjoyable read and those interested in mysticism and Native American Culture will thoroughly enjoy Numenon.
NATIONAL AWARD WINNER:
As an Advance Reading Copy, NUMENON won
USA BOOK NEWS' BEST BOOKS AWARD in VISIONARY FICTION &
THE NATIONAL INDIE EXCELLENCE AWARD FOR RELIGIOUS FICTION

Last edited by Sporadic; 03-24-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Advert
Old 03-24-2009, 11:22 PM   #63
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post
Very Cheap ($1 and under)

Pacific Avenue by Anne L. Watson - $0.01 [Literary Fiction]
Just downloaded this one and started reading it. Surprisingly * good!

*(didn't expect it to be all that good at that price - shows how much I know! )

Anyway - thanks!
Old 03-25-2009, 06:37 AM   #64
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom
http://craphound.com/down/download.php

Little Brother
http://craphound.com/littlebrother/download/

(I'll cross reference these with the free ebooks thread later today).
Old 03-25-2009, 07:37 AM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoric View Post
Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom
http://craphound.com/down/download.php

Little Brother
http://craphound.com/littlebrother/download/

(I'll cross reference these with the free ebooks thread later today).
They're already on MR. So please link them via the MR links so people can get the conversions here.
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 08:44 AM   #66
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Almost all of Cory's books are free; this is for Kindle-specific books new releases.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #67
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Same comment about "Assassin's Apprentice" (still free). I didn't plan to like it, but it's *great* ..... and I've now finished book 2 & 3. There is a next series which appears disconnected, but a friend assures me it is related so I have to keep buying ..... and another series after that too!
Oh! I forgot about that one! I did too! Yeah book 2 got almost romance genre like with all of the mis understandings. Now I'm thinking I did not get number 3
Old 03-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #68
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
I picked up "His Majesty's Dragon" when that bunch was released. I am now on the 4th book! IT is a really good series IMHO. I hope this is one of the reasons Amazon does this, to hook a reader on an author so we keep reading their stuff.
Naomi has wanted to do this for awhile, and she's very pleased that HMJ is finally available for free as an ebook.

She doesn't have a Kindle herself... yet
Old 03-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #69
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
Naomi has wanted to do this for awhile, and she's very pleased that HMJ is finally available for free as an ebook.

She doesn't have a Kindle herself... yet
I hope this encourages other authors to follow the same path!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #70
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed His Majesty's Dragon. I ended up finishing it the same day I started it, then read book 2 yesterday, now I just have to decide on finishing up the series or reading one of the many other titles on my backlog.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #71
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
I hope this encourages other authors to follow the same path!
I think if the publishers see results (e.g., an uptick in sales in the other books in the series) then we'll probably see more of it. I think in most cases it's ultimately a publisher decision.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #72
bxrLvr
Connoisseur
bxrLvr doesn't litterbxrLvr doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
keeper of eternity and still waters are no longer free on amazon.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #73
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxrLvr View Post
keeper of eternity and still waters are no longer free on amazon.
Removed from the list. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:37 AM   #74
Sporadic
Banned

New book available.

Admiral's Ghost: Book One in the Onyalum Series by NB VanYoos - $0.80 [Science Fiction]

Quote:
From LA drug dealer to planetary hero of an alien world, the Universe must have a sense of humor. Tyler Jensen, an earthling lost in the cosmos, struggles to understand the technologically advanced world whose hero he has inadvertently become. Posing as the Supreme Commander of the planet's fleet, Tyler must quickly learn the murky alliances of the military to succeed against their neighboring enemy. Will Tyler's naiveté doom the warring world, or can he navigate the political trappings of the Admiral's world to conquer another? This is the first book in the Onyalum Series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbvanyoos View Post
I am the author of the science fiction Onyalum Series, and I have recently republished the first book, Admiral's Ghost, and made it available for free download to celebrate the publishing of the third book in the series:

http://www.nbvanyoos.com/Downloads.aspx

It is also available for the Amazon Kindle for only $0.80:

Kindle Version

If you check it out, I would appreciate a review, good or bad, here or on Amazon.com. Information on all the books in the series including free (pdf) previews can be found at my web site:

http://www.nbvanyoos.com

Enjoy, and look for additional eBook formats later this year. Happy eReading!

Last edited by Sporadic; 03-29-2009 at 03:41 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:52 AM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
um.. that eBook is NOT free. The topic says this thread is for FREE eBooks. Not inexpensive ones.
Closed Thread

Tags
cheap, cheap kindle books, free, free kindle books