Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-24-2017, 05:02 AM   #796
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Can you recommend a recipe for this? Last time I tried it, it did not work very well.

Also I'm already having issues with performance (have to restart every couple of days to clear it), and don't want to make things worse.
I got the files from XDA. I then use the order from another site.

Google Account Manager
Google Play Services
Google Services Framework
Google Play Store

Works fine for me so far.

However if you're having freezing. You may want to do a factory reset. I think I've done it three times since I got mine. Finally found out it was an app causing it. I am now very careful what I install. I have a Kindle Fire 7 for playing around with apps.

Sent from my XT1528

Last edited by Blossom; 01-24-2017 at 05:05 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:57 PM   #797
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Found something "new" that's got me to start carrying the fire phone in my pocket again. It has a sensor that none of my other phones has, namely a step counter.
The Google Fit app is able to use the sensor and the step count was reasonably accurate on the occasions when I checked.

This should keep my gadget-lust for a Fitbit at bay for at least a little while.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2017, 05:50 AM   #798
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Just want to give Fire Owners a Heads up!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
New Battery + Tools to change the battery ALL for less than $5... Free Shipping!

UPDATE.... when this sale was going Amazon Decided to Cancel my order

Update ok so I tried again this time was on sale for $15.... I Got the order couple weeks ago. So Today [9/21] My son tried to change the battery. Don't have a clue what happened Totally DEAD! Except when plugged in the 1st min it shows Rainbow color of a stripe going down the one side? Been on charge for 2 hours per directions But wont turn on. Just the stripe of color.
Any ideas what went wrong??

Last edited by Barbara1955; 09-21-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:52 PM   #799
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please see post #798 ...
Old 09-21-2017, 05:10 PM   #800
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
New Battery + Tools to change the battery ALL for less than $5... Free Shipping!

Update ok so I tried again this time was on sale for $15.... I Got the order couple weeks ago. So Today [9/21] My son tried to change the battery. Don't have a clue what happened Totally DEAD! Except when plugged in the 1st min it shows Rainbow color of a stripe going down the one side? Been on charge for 2 hours per directions But wont turn on. Just the stripe of color.
How long does it say to charge the battery?

Did your son try unplugging and replugging it into the phone?

Was the phone working before you changed the battery?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2017, 06:34 PM   #801
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post

Open and check battery.

The battery takes more than two hours to charge. Mine takes four. Battery could be defective but the color stripe worries me.

It shouldn't have that. While off battery icon should display.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:39 PM   #802
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try putting back the original battery and see if the phone still works.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:08 PM   #803
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

They said 2 hours so I tried it then but was on charge several more. Any way Kevin opened it found one cable disconnected. Re connected Now its Red Plaid ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170922_1642053_rewind.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	159128  

Last edited by Barbara1955; 09-22-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #804
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Looks like you cracked the LCD there under the glass maybe? Definetely looks like a cracked LCD on the lefthand side. Too much pressure applied to the screen when you were installing the battery most likely.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:26 PM   #805
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

UGH.... was hoping for better news
Old 09-23-2017, 02:57 AM   #806
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's not a very good photograph, but the crack in the screen is obvious - you can see that for yourself, surely?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:04 AM   #807
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

No Not Crack or damaged in any way.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:07 AM   #808
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The crack is not in the outer protective screen; it's in the LCD panel which is underneath it. It's quite obvious in your photograph - the lines running outwards from the left side of the screen, half way down.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:11 AM   #809
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

No there is No damage I do see what your talking about I looking at it. There is Nothing there to explain the white line. The whole thing once booted stays 2 Seconds! then goes Black totally like it not even on.

I need to figure out what happened.... Still have another Fire Phone I need to change the battery in I would NOT want it to Die too!

Last edited by Barbara1955; 09-23-2017 at 03:22 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:15 AM   #810
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Be very careful not to exert any pressure on the back of the LCD panel when changing the battery. It's tough in normal use, because it's protected by the outer screen of the phone, but when the phone is dismantled, it's very delicate. It's made of thin glass, and that's what's fractured in your phone; you can clearly see the fracture lines in your photograph.

Last edited by HarryT; 09-23-2017 at 09:18 AM.