Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
2debravas
2debravas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WIFI
Houston, we got a problem?

Regarding the new Fire.. the results of one of the best Product testers in the WEB

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/kindle...usability.html

Have you notice it, Fire owners? I think it´s really interesting....

Last edited by 2debravas; 12-07-2011 at 02:49 AM.
2debravas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:34 AM   #2
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
I can only imagine that the reviewer hasn't figured out that rotating the Fire to landscape makes standard web pages more viewable.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Not again. This garbage link was posted elsewhere as well..
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
I can only imagine that the reviewer hasn't figured out that rotating the Fire to landscape makes standard web pages more viewable.
Or enlarging the input area so the boxes are bigger
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Wow!

I never noticed that I must have muscles like Popeye, because I do not have any issues at all holding the Fire single-handedly for reading for several hours.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yes, that is garbage. Ignore it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Wow!

I never noticed that I must have muscles like Popeye, because I do not have any issues at all holding the Fire single-handedly for reading for several hours.

Best regards,
Andy
Old 12-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #8
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
Another good reason to be thoughtful when reading a review...oft times the reviewer is a complete moron spouting an opinion no one really wants to hear or care about.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Not again. This garbage link was posted elsewhere as well..
Yep, and as I recall that posting was also by a brand new forum member.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #10
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Fat fingers? easy, get on a diet ... ... just kidding ...

Agree with the Magazine's complaints. I personally believe 10" is a better format or size for Magazines. You avoid some of the workarounds of using text only for some articles or zooming.

But overall, for clicking or interacting with links is no different than my Galaxy SII. You just need to zoom in, if there are several links together, and that fixes the issue.

I wonder if some of those users or complains are coming from people who do not own 3.5 inches smart phones. If they are used to 10" screens, I understand it can be a bit frustrating, at the beginning.

Last edited by jocampo; 12-07-2011 at 11:54 AM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Wow!

Best regards,
Andy

I am anemic have hardly any strength in my hands and arms and I can't even hold the K3 without my arms locking up after an hour but the Kindle Fire? I can hold it with no problem for long periods of time.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #12
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

I am anemic have hardly any strength in my hands and arms and I can't even hold the K3 without my arms locking up after an hour but the Kindle Fire? I can hold it with no problem for long periods of time.
8.7oz vs 14.6. Mind over body when you really like something huh?
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew View Post
8.7oz vs 14.6. Mind over body when you really like something huh?
Nope. It the shape and how the weight is distributed on the K3 not to mention how thin it is that causes the problem.

On the Fire I simply hold it with the palm of my hand. I can't do that with the K3 it would slide right out.

I had no problem holding the Coby Tablet I sent back either.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #14
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Nope. It the shape and how the weight is distributed on the K3 not to mention how thin it is that causes the problem.

On the Fire I simply hold it with the palm of my hand. I can't do that with the K3 it would slide right out.

I had no problem holding the Coby Tablet I sent back either.
Correct

In engineering, the way distribution plays an important factor on ergonomics and how a device handles overall.

While a bit different, this is also true on bikes. Putting more weight to the bottom or center, will change the whole dynamics of the bike. This is what we call center of gravity.

I find myself more comfortable holding the Kindle Fire than the new Nook Tablet. Because the Nook Tablet is more rectangular than square, it tends to push down when I hold. The Fire is more neutral on that regard. And the Nook Tablet is less heavy and thinner, by the way.

Of course, your hand's size and strength plays an important role too.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #15
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Correct

In engineering, the way distribution plays an important factor on ergonomics and how a device handles overall.

While a bit different, this is also true on bikes. Putting more weight to the bottom or center, will change the whole dynamics of the bike. This is what we call center of gravity.

I find myself more comfortable holding the Kindle Fire than the new Nook Tablet. Because the Nook Tablet is more rectangular than square, it tends to push down when I hold. The Fire is more neutral on that regard. And the Nook Tablet is less heavy and thinner, by the way.

Of course, your hand's size and strength plays an important role too.
And your "catrest" of course.