Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 06:42 AM   #31
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrghus View Post
Well, I can't do all that with my PRS-350 and PRS+! And it would be nice to be able to do all that 'out of the box'.
Have you setup local fonts with local CSS?

Quote:
There is a thing called 'Reading Life' available on the Kobo Touch. That looks pretty neat, and as a fan of statistics, it would be neat to track how long it takes one to read a book. Not essential, but neat nonetheless. Of course I'm wary of straying too far away from a pure reading experience...
PRS+ pageindex - index stlye has some interesting real time predictors, pages per minute, time to finish or both at once. I just use pages and % but the others look interesting.

Quote:
I love PRS+, but I have never, and shall never, bother with the 'games' that come with the package.
Can't say I've had much use for the games either.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:43 AM   #32
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Will the new Sony have the ability to adjust line spacing, paragraph spacing and indentation, fonts, and all the other cool stuff like the Nook Simple Touch can?
Your guess is as good as anyone elses. No info has been released about the device yet.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #33
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose View Post
You also have a tin foil hat? Sounds like a fair amount of your gripes you have 0 proof, other then it seems like you have problems with a rival blog.
Either we have a bunch of newbies who have no idea who Nate is, or we've got some sock puppets of our own.

With the rash of people who've only been here a few weeks or months but have many times more karma than folks who've been regulars for years, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 'sock puppets'.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Oh good grief no! I do not want a blue screen of death every time I tried to open War and Peace!
That would be a highly valued feature. Not a bug. Any time War and Peace is unable to be read is good.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #35
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That would be a highly valued feature. Not a bug. Any time War and Peace is unable to be read is good.
Cool. Instead of burning books we can just try to open them in Windows.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #36
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Either we have a bunch of newbies who have no idea who Nate is, or we've got some sock puppets of our own.

With the rash of people who've only been here a few weeks or months but have many times more karma than folks who've been regulars for years, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 'sock puppets'.
Very true - I have no idea who Nate is, nor do I wish to. He may well have done far more for this site than I have, or will ever do, but that does change my opinion. The name may well be taken from a character in a book but it still smacks of self-importance to me.

As for my karma I have no idea how I have amassed so much in such a short time, perhaps some people here have thought some of my previous posts to have been useful. Not jealous are we? If so I will willing give you all of mine if that will make you feel better.

Oh, and by the way I also have no idea what the hell you are talking about when you refer to me as a 'sock puppet'? So if it was supposed to be an insult I'm afraid it failed.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #37
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:

If we are going to all have a puppet account, I want Mister Flibble...
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #38
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
Very true - I have no idea who Nate is, nor do I wish to. He may well have done far more for this site than I have, or will ever do, but that does change my opinion. The name may well be taken from a character in a book but it still smacks of self-importance to me.

As for my karma I have no idea how I have amassed so much in such a short time, perhaps some people here have thought some of my previous posts to have been useful. Not jealous are we? If so I will willing give you all of mine if that will make you feel better.

Oh, and by the way I also have no idea what the hell you are talking about when you refer to me as a 'sock puppet'? So if it was supposed to be an insult I'm afraid it failed.

Considering that my remark was not addressed to you, you're certainly quick to jump to your own defense.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #39
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Considering that my remark was not addressed to you, you're certainly quick to jump to your own defense.
This one may not have been directed at me specifically but your previous one criticising my comments about Nate certainly was.

And I was not jumping to mine, or anyone else's, defence, I was merely responding to your statement about newbies with a lot of karma, which I assumed included me.

To be honest karma is not of any interest to me but it seems to rankle with you that I have gained so much in a short period of time. Perhaps if you spent more time in making useful posts instead of attacking everyone for the views they hold you might have even more karma than me.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #40
Pegster
Devourer of Books
Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T1, Samsung S5
Do you think y'all can take your personal gripes elsewhere and let the discussion on what we all hope to be a new, improved Sony Reader continue?

Many thanks from the peanut gallery.
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #41
juxtapose
Banned
juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: tons
What is a sock puppet? Is that your special sock you keep near the bed for lonely nights?
juxtapose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #42
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose View Post
You also have a tin foil hat? Sounds like a fair amount of your gripes you have 0 proof, other then it seems like you have problems with a rival blog.
I could send you links to the first 3 and I could send you a copy of the letter sent to my webhost.

As for the sockpuppetry, I can show you that the comments left on my blog have an IP address within a few miles of where the pirate blog goodereader.com is located.

And as for the last one, I only know second hand that the harassment came from fans of the pirate blog. I didn't realize what it was until after someone commented on my high tolerance for trolling. The harassment was pretty much like you; I assume that you're trolling on their behalf but I don't know for sure.

And as for why I didn't provide links, my name is in green. You can take that as a sign that I am both respected and trusted. People take me at my word because they know it is good.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #43
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegster View Post
Do you think y'all can take your personal gripes elsewhere and let the discussion on what we all hope to be a new, improved Sony Reader continue?

Many thanks from the peanut gallery.
Nah, you should keep in mind Forum Rule #16: Any thread that doesn't get hijacked at least once in the first 20 posts must be closed.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't base my opinion f someone based on a nick. I base it on their words.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #45
juxtapose
Banned
juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!juxtapose rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: tons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I could send you links to the first 3 and I could send you a copy of the letter sent to my webhost.

As for the sockpuppetry, I can show you that the comments left on my blog have an IP address within a few miles of where the pirate blog goodereader.com is located.

And as for the last one, I only know second hand that the harassment came from fans of the pirate blog. I didn't realize what it was until after someone commented on my high tolerance for trolling. The harassment was pretty much like you; I assume that you're trolling on their behalf but I don't know for sure.

And as for why I didn't provide links, my name is in green. You can take that as a sign that I am both respected and trusted. People take me at my word because they know it is good.
Do you think they might have fans because their site looks good? Is well designed and has lots of interesting articles on the e-reader industry? Like i said, i read 3 or 4 blogs on a daily basis, and see no evidence that any of them are wrapped up into anything shady. Also from reading their blog and listening to online radio I always hear them on vancouver based radio shows and their even on Global TV. Why would any of those companies let them on if more people then just you thought they were a pirate?

Last edited by juxtapose; 08-09-2011 at 08:45 PM.
juxtapose is offline   Reply With Quote