Notices

Old 05-10-2018, 09:16 PM   #1
Maxy007
Maxy007 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
backup problem - Date showing 1970

Thank you for Calibre, it's awesome!!
I have one problem.
I broke my old tablet a while ago so had to transfer my books to the new tablet. When I did this I noticed that the date on all my books show as 01 Jan 1970.
This was a real pain as I have sorted the books I want to read next by date.

I have just realised that I don't have any books in my library so started creating a new one. Again the date on every book is 01 Jan 1970.

Is there any way to show the correct date that books were added and to keep my reading order?

Cheers,

Maxy
Maxy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:14 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Maxy007 - To which date, on which system, are you referring to.

The Date column (lookup name 'timestamp') in calibre has nothing to do with file system dates on your computer or tablet.

When you add a book to a calibre library the Date column (lookup name 'timestamp') in the library is set to the current date and time - it can be changed subsequently.

Added : What date does your computer show? And what operating system are you using - Linux, MacOS or Windows?.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-10-2018 at 10:16 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote