Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-25-2021, 08:30 AM   #1
zoliky
zoliky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I edited the metadata of an Epub with calibre. Now how to save the changes?

Hello,
I imported a book into Calibre, then I right clicked and selected "Edit metadata", "Edit metadata indidually". A window appeared that allowed me to change title, conver, and all kind of information of the book. At the end I clicked on Okay but it seems to me that the new cover and edits are not saved to the ePub file itself. So, if I re-import the epub file the changes are lost. How can I save the metadata edits?

Thank you!
zoliky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:58 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Editing metadata only updates the calibre database, not the individual books. Metadata in book formats is updated to match the database by several calibre functions including Embed Metadata, Polish book, Save to disk, Convert books, etc.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2021, 10:01 AM   #3
zoliky
zoliky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you. I think "Embed metadata" is what I need.
zoliky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:02 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That is the normal function of calibre: Don't touch the Original IN THE LIBRARY.
Using Send To... Save to... update the copy being sent , on the fly.

There are ways to force the metadata update, you just need to add them to the toolbar: Polish or Embed metadata.
Then there is Modify EPUB plugin.

Each has its (DIS)advantages, so review the manual or PI description in the dedicated thread here at MR
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote