Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 02-24-2021, 01:36 PM   #796
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by acareray View Post
Yes it is. I dont remember whether debugging mode on or off when i could successfully connected. The option has completely gone. I tried debgging mode also after the update. But it did not change.
In connection settings (settings, click the right facing arrow by the firmware version, click android settings) does it show usb tethering?
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:46 AM   #797
acareray
acareray began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
In connection settings (settings, click the right facing arrow by the firmware version, click android settings) does it show usb tethering?
What do you understand from "completely gone"? Of course doesn't show.
acareray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 01:43 PM   #798
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acareray View Post
What do you understand from "completely gone"? Of course doesn't show.
I asked cause Boyue has redundant settings for a lot of crap in their app as well as the stock settings. Their ROMS are always a mess.

EDIT: my ares I just checked and it does not have that menu but my old mimas on 6.1 has the full tether menu. It is indeed gone I thought they had moved it to the connected devices area but my 8.1 phone has it in the same place as well.

EDIT 2: I used ADB to run this: adb shell am start -n com.android.settings/.TetherSettings and it gave the menu and it is only filled with this so they ripped the whole module out seemingly might want to email them about it to put it back in an update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210225-110759.png
Views:	271
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	185611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210225-111321.png
Views:	270
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	185612  

Last edited by rvcjew; 02-25-2021 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-25-2021, 05:00 AM   #799
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Well... notes are something else on 3.0.2. Sometimes mimas just hangs/reboots when i try to wake it up while notes are on. And that's with 2 pages. I quickly typed out 60 pages of my old notes because everything about them is so unstable. Memory leaks... memory leaks are everywhere. And disappearing layers. Bug on bug hits bugs with bugs.
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 02:12 AM   #800
rubensa
rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Exclamation New version available: BYRead-V3.1.0-2021050712

new features:
  1. Added the function of [Switching Left and Right] and [Forbidden Hand] in the side bet mode
  2. Increase the application of floating ball;
  3. Added support for uploading formats for WiFi transfer: fb2, doc, docx, html, cbz/cbt/cbr, djvu/djv, rtf;
  4. Add the main screen setting function when standard desktop;
  5. Added the function of opening pictures on the bookself (displayed in aggregated from);
  6. New dictionary support format: Prc format dictionary;
  7. Reader translation for word search adds reading fucntion;
  8. Long press the line on the reader to increase the reading function;
  9. Add page number display after catalog chapter;
  10. New page turning direction setting: when the vertical format is turned on, the page turning direction remains unchanged;

Name:	Screenshot_20210513-075723.png
Views:	226
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	187099
Optimize content:
  1. Fix the problem that added handwritten content will not be displayed after opening the non-pdf book after restarting the machine, and it only appears after clicking the screen;
  2. Backlight nteraction optimization: long press to turn on/off the backlight, click to call out the menu;
  3. Optimized the problem that the book cannot be opened using BoYue os when opening books in the "download" of the system's own application;
  4. Optimize the problem that Wifi cannot be turned on o off probabilistically;
  5. Optimized reader layout;
  6. Interactive optimization of the reader's line selection function;
  7. After the reader selects the word, "automatically add to the vocabulary book" is changed to "remember the last choice";
  8. Other known issues are fixed.

Name:	Screenshot_20210513-075740.png
Views:	225
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	187100
rubensa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 04:18 AM   #801
opit78
opit78 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas, Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Any link to download it ? I'm still on 2.3.3-2020041717
opit78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:52 AM   #802
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opit78 View Post
Any link to download it ? I'm still on 2.3.3-2020041717
You have to manually upgrade to 3.0.2 first. Then you'll be able to get OTA updates as usual
Check page 52 for Maginus and mine posts

P.S: finally notes for lefties in dual page mode. You can swap book page and note page.
Too bad they still don't assign physical button for backlight toggle

Last edited by Bratken; 05-16-2021 at 09:10 AM.
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:45 PM   #803
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Didn't know where to post this but has anybody tried using it as a second display via this method ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWAs...nel=Hybridwane
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:52 AM   #804
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Hello,

I bought a Mimas from Likebook ereader store in Aliexpress a on May and has arrived now. It's a refurbished one and was very cheap: 242 € + 18 € shippment.

I've turn on it and its UI is in Chinese and is updated to Android 8.1.

Where can I change UI's language? Have I to install an English update?

I guess it's not a refurbished unit, but a used one.

Last edited by viceant; 06-24-2021 at 12:55 AM.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:31 AM   #805
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Hello,

I bought a Mimas from Likebook ereader store in Aliexpress a on May and has arrived now. It's a refurbished one and was very cheap: 242 € + 18 € shippment.

I've turn on it and its UI is in Chinese and is updated to Android 8.1.

Where can I change UI's language? Have I to install an English update?

I guess it's not a refurbished unit, but a used one.
Have you reset the device since receiving it? User options /the arrow icon to the right/factory reset, it should then reload the os and give you first startup with a language option. If this rom it has is not Chinese only. Could also try user settings /device /language. Use Google translate or something to find the right icons. If you need help for the right ones let us know.
Old 06-26-2021, 02:53 PM   #806
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Have you reset the device since receiving it? User options /the arrow icon to the right/factory reset, it should then reload the os and give you first startup with a language option. If this rom it has is not Chinese only. Could also try user settings /device /language. Use Google translate or something to find the right icons. If you need help for the right ones let us know.
Thanks. I had to do a factory reset because when I tried to change language I only could add English as second option... I think so.
Old 06-26-2021, 09:00 PM   #807
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Thanks. I had to do a factory reset because when I tried to change language I only could add English as second option... I think so.
After doing a factory reset, were you able to find the language option and set it to English?

I have the Mimas which I have factory reset, but I don't remember exactly what the options look like or if it was at all difficult setting the device to English. It was a while ago.

My first Boyue was a T62+ eReader that I ordered from China. As I recall it was already set in English, but when I eventually factory reset the device, I was shocked and upset to see it turn back on with everything in Chinese! I really thought I had erased/lost the English language option. I remember eventually tapping on something that brought up language choices, and I was very relieved to find that English was still available. I expect that all of Boyue's firmware include the various language options.

Please post back if you get a chance. I hope it works for you and you enjoy the device!
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 11:57 PM   #808
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
After doing a factory reset, were you able to find the language option and set it to English?

I have the Mimas which I have factory reset, but I don't remember exactly what the options look like or if it was at all difficult setting the device to English. It was a while ago.

My first Boyue was a T62+ eReader that I ordered from China. As I recall it was already set in English, but when I eventually factory reset the device, I was shocked and upset to see it turn back on with everything in Chinese! I really thought I had erased/lost the English language option. I remember eventually tapping on something that brought up language choices, and I was very relieved to find that English was still available. I expect that all of Boyue's firmware include the various language options.

Please post back if you get a chance. I hope it works for you and you enjoy the device!
Upon first setup you (if the one they received has the same ROM as the international releases) have a screen with like 7 languages on it to pick from when you start The OOBE of the device. That sets the initial android language as well as the language setting of Boyues launcher app ect.
Old 06-27-2021, 02:10 AM   #809
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Upon first setup you (if the one they received has the same ROM as the international releases) have a screen with like 7 languages on it to pick from when you start The OOBE of the device. That sets the initial android language as well as the language setting of Boyues launcher app ect.
I confirm it is that way, very easy.

Aside, when I tried to wifi transfer books from my "old" T80s, it was by means of the browser and part of the "web page" is in Chinese. Also, I only could "see" one book from my T80s.

I guess I'll sideload the files from my computer.
Old 06-27-2021, 02:23 AM   #810
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
I confirm it is that way, very easy.

Aside, when I tried to wifi transfer books from my "old" T80s, it was by means of the browser and part of the "web page" is in Chinese. Also, I only could "see" one book from my T80s.

I guess I'll sideload the files from my computer.
I would transfer your books over bt in the future. Just file manager to file manager.