Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Whatís your Covid vaccination status?
Iíve had both shots. 3 3.57%
Iíve had my first shot. 15 17.86%
My first shot is scheduled, but I havenít got it yet. 2 2.38%
Iím qualified in my state or region and want it, but havenít been able to schedule it. 10 11.90%
Iím not qualified yet in my state or region. 43 51.19%
Qualified or not, my immune system is compromised and I wonít get one. 0 0%
Iím opposed to the vaccine on principle and wonít get one. 2 2.38%
Iím waiting to see how it goes. 5 5.95%
Thereís no vaccine available in my region. 3 3.57%
Prefer not to answer. 1 1.19%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM   #91
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Turns out I've been given a new temporary (3 to 6 month) assignment in work, joining the team who'll be running our agencies COVID vaccination clinic. Not sure what I'll be doing yet; screener / greeter / gopher; we'll see.

Of course this has the side effect of moving me up the queue for vaccination Booked myself for 9:30 am next Monday.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM   #92
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone XR, iPad mini 5, iPad Pro 9.7, Alexa Devices
I received an email this afternoon that Iím scheduled for my 1st COVID-19 vaccination shot Sunday afternoon at a site set up by FEMA at the Texas Rangers baseball park. I was hoping for a smaller, easier to access site due to my mobility issues, but I got what got so Iíll just have to find a way to make this work. Iíve been told that I will get the 2nd shot in this same site a few weeks from now. Iím getting the Pfizer vaccine. We donít get a choice on which one, we get whatever they have at that site.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:48 AM   #93
mlewis78
Addict
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I don't think that getting a vaccine appointment is a matter of being tech savvy. It's more persistence, patience and the willingness to go through several applications, most of which are fruitless. If you are used to going online and have ever typed messages, it's filling out forms to show you are either old enough or fit other high-risk qualifications, then moving on from seeing the message "you should get an appointment" and then seeing most times, "no appointments available." Refresh screen, try again or wait a few hours or days and try again. I did take at least a week off in the middle of four weeks that I tried before getting appointments. I thought I'd give them time to get more vaccine, since they had run out early on in New York.

If you never use computers, that's another thing. But I'm 69, worked as a word processing operator before I retired, and many of the IT and operator people I worked with were old than I was.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote