Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-19-2021, 11:08 PM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Exclamation I lost the Calibre app and the download is not working

Calibre is suddenly gone from my laptop, and I think when I ran a scan of my PC using an app called Restoro, it deleted Calibre.

I tried downloading Calibre again, but when I go to launch the newly installed Calibre app, I only see options to Change, Repair or Remove.

Where is the download file?

I think it may have been removed by the utility app Restoro. Each time I started Calibre, Restoro would ask if I wanted to stop Calibre from starting. I don't know why
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:51 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post

Calibre is suddenly gone from my laptop, and I think when I ran a scan of my PC using an app called Restoro, it deleted Calibre.

I tried downloading Calibre again, but when I go to launch the newly installed Calibre app, I only see options to Change, Repair or Remove.

Where is the download file?

I think it may have been removed by the utility app Restoro. Each time I started Calibre, Restoro would ask if I wanted to stop Calibre from starting. I don't know why
Have you removed Restoro? If not, why not?

As for the Change, Repair, Remove? Those are the options you will see when you try to re-install calibre over the same version? Have you looked into Program Files\calibre2 to see if the calibre executables are still there? I would suspect that Restoro deleted shortcuts but not the programs. The Repair option should correct that.

To quote from Malwarebytes' site:

Quote:
What is Restoro?

The Malwarebytes research team has determined that Restoro is a "system optimizer". These so-called "system optimizers" use intentional false positives to convince users that their systems have problems. Then they try to sell you their software, claiming it will remove these problems.
More information can be found on our Malwarebytes Labs blog.
Much the same comments from Microsoft, Norton, etc.

Just for gits and shiggles, I ran it on a new provisioned Windows 10 20H2 VM. Came up with a mass of changes it wanted to make including multiple threat results.

Last edited by DNSB; 02-20-2021 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Edit to add my VM test results
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 10:09 AM   #3
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for the reply. I could not find calibre2 under Program Files.
I will uninstall Restoro as it doesn't seem to make my computer work any better or faster and just causes issues.
How do I get Calibre re-installed on my PC?
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 10:14 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just go to install Calibre and select repair.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote