Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 02-20-2017, 08:03 PM   #1
pmjeff21
pmjeff21 began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10 Surface and Phone
Does the Developer of Freda Read These?

If so, I'd like to request some modifications to the Windows 10 & Mobile versions of your app.
1. Please fix "Sync" so that if I delete a bookmark on my phone and sync, it deletes it on my OneDrive, instead of pulling down the old bookmark. I can work around it with the Save and Load functions, but is prone to me making a mistake and deleting a bunch of info.
2. Please modify the highlight feature to allow a long press and drag to highlight multiple words, not just one word. I want to highlight a whole phrase or paragraph, just like in a print book, not just a word.

If anyone knows of any Windows 10 apps that work on tablet and Lumia 950 that has these features, please advise. I've burned out after trying a whole pile of them to find issues with each one...
pmjeff21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:15 AM   #2
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmjeff21 View Post
If so, I'd like to request some modifications to the Windows 10 & Mobile versions of your app.
Hi, Yes I do indeed read the forum from time to time. To be honest, though, you will more reliably get a response if you use the 'feedback' button in the app.

Quote:
1. Please fix "Sync" so that if I delete a bookmark on my phone and sync, it deletes it on my OneDrive, instead of pulling down the old bookmark. I can work around it with the Save and Load functions, but is prone to me making a mistake and deleting a bunch of info.
I understand why you would want this, but it is quite a significant code change (it would mean that the sync file uploaded to OneDrive must include *every change* that has been made to bookmarks since the app was installed, and the 'sync' operation would have to merge the change files from all available devices ... and it could still lose updates, if one device was temporarily disconnected from the internet, or if the system time was wrong on one device). It's on the TO DO list, but it's not going to get done soon, because it is a big piece of work, with a high probability of introducing nasty bugs.

Quote:
2. Please modify the highlight feature to allow a long press and drag to highlight multiple words, not just one word. I want to highlight a whole phrase or paragraph, just like in a print book, not just a word.
Not trivial, because long press already does something different (it's the gesture reserved for bringing up the reading controls and menu). But if 'drag highlights multiple words' is what you want, then you can, on the controls settings page, set 'swipe action = select' and on the reading screen use the top left menu button to select 'action on selected text = highlight'. That will give you the behaviour you want (though it will mean that you need to tap the page edge to change page, because you've now customised the drag action to do something else).

By all means email me at jim@turnipsoft.co.uk with any questions.

Last edited by Jim Chapman; 02-21-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
lumia, windwow 10 mobile