Notices

Old 10-25-2019, 01:32 AM   #541
Gohogs
Gohogs began at the beginning.

Device: IPad 2
Thanks so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Job Spy has an automatic tool to do the above plus a whole lot more upon auto-add, as well as manually for selected books. See the attached.

DaltonST

Awesome tool! Should be really helpful. Thanks so much!!
Gohogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 12:28 PM   #542
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Version 1.0.166 Enhancements to GUI Tool "Import CSV to Update Metadata".

Version 1.0.166 -2019-10-28 Enhancements to GUI Tool "Import CSV to Update Metadata".

See the attached image showing the new pushbutton.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_import_csv_to_update_metadata_version_10166.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	174583  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2019, 08:55 PM   #543
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
@DaltonST,

Your updated Import CSV looks good, I might try it.

I did have a question, or request.

I have been using the Quality Fixes on the titles/series, but I wanted to know if there is a way of ommitting certain words from Title Casing, and certain symbols from being deleted.

Books with "&" in the title or series have been getting the symbol deleted. I hate having to hunt around for books that are missing that symbol if I used the fix.

Also, I would like to be specific on words to title case. If there is a space before the words "The", "And", "Of", and "To" I don't want them to be title cased. I currently have been doing find and replace, but it would be helpful if they weren't changed. A space before it means that it is in the title, but not the first word. So, I don't mind it being title cased, but if it is in the middle of a title, it should be lowercased.

Thanks in advance if you can tell me how to fix it or if you make a change in the plugin.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:43 PM   #544
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

JS Quality Fixes: Future Enhancements

Quote:
If there is a space before the words "The", "And", "Of", and "To" I don't want them to be title cased
Yes, and the advanced title-casing logic in my Q&S add-on/plug-in does that (and much more) based on English grammar rules, since Q&S is designed specifically for English (only). However, JS does only a simple title-casing like standard Calibre does since the English grammar rules often break non-English titles, which is unacceptable. What I will do is copy the Q&S logic to JS, and then add an option to use either it or the standard (simple) title-casing.

Quote:
Books with "&" in the title or series have been getting the symbol deleted.
Remember that the #orig_title column has each book's original title before changing. It exists so you can easily see before then after fixing. I put the #orig_authors and #orig_title columns next to the real columns. When I move the fixed and clean books from my WorkBench Library to my pristine Library, those custom columns are excluded automatically by another JS tool's customization option to do so.

I will add an #orig_series column capability too. I have never needed it.

The "&" symbol in a matching pattern is likely deleted by one of the regular expressions defined in JS Customization. I used over 500 test books with trashed-out metadata of all types to build those rules, plus hundreds of "clean" books to refine the rules. Nevertheless, sometimes a book gets "overcleaned", which is why I have the #orig_authors and #orig_title automatically populated if you define them per JS Customization so that they can easily be copied over the "overcleaned" values.

DaltonST
Old 11-02-2019, 02:18 PM   #545
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.167 Several Enhancements

Version 1.0.167 -2019-11-02 Enhancement to GUI Tool "Import CSV to Update Metadata" to save the last 12 CSV files' options for future automatic loading when the respective CSV is again used; Original Series custom column option added to Customizing for JS Quality Fixes; English title-casing option used for both Titles and Series added to Customizing for JS Quality Fixes.

See the attached.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_title_casing_and_orig_series_20191102.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	644.5 KB
ID:	174680  
Advert
Old 11-25-2019, 02:14 PM   #546
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.169 Enhancement to GUI Tool "Import CSV to Update Metadata"

Version 1.0.169 -2019-11-25 Enhancement to GUI Tool "Import CSV to Update Metadata" to add new matching expression of "Regular Expressions", including a new CSV Matching Regular Expression and a new Book Matching Regular Expression.

See the attached image.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2019-11-25 11_13_27-.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	175137  
Old 11-28-2019, 09:42 AM   #547
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Sage
@DaltonST

Q about Customize Tag Browser Icons:

Is it not possible to assign icons to subgroups?

Thanks!
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:01 PM   #548
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhaher View Post
@DaltonST

Q about Customize Tag Browser Icons:

Is it not possible to assign icons to subgroups?

Thanks!
See the attached example.

Icons can be assigned by Category, Source and Value. If a subgroup is defined as a Source, then you can assign an icon to that "subgroup". If a subgroup is a Sub-Category, then, no.

Standard Calibre only allows you to assign icons at the Category level, and nothing below that at all.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2019-11-28 10_39_03-JS+ GUI Tool_  Tag Browser Icon Assignments.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	426.6 KB
ID:	175200  
Old 12-03-2019, 08:42 PM   #549
jjmgreen
jjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel is

Import metadata - series_index

I'm trying to rebuild my main library from raw sources. I'm exporting mobi-asin, title, authors, series, series_index to csv, then using GUI Tool "Import CSV to Update Metadata" to match on mobi-asin. Is there any way to update series_index in the library from the csv file?
jjmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:59 AM   #550
DaltonST
Deviser

Updating Series[Index] via CSV Tool

See the attached image. ToolTips are required reading.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2019-12-04 08_46_24-Window.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	700.3 KB
ID:	175322  
Old 12-04-2019, 04:07 PM   #551
jjmgreen
jjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel isjjmgreen really knows where his or her towel is

Quote:
See the attached image. ToolTips are required reading.

DaltonST

Thanks - will play with custom column to create a <series>[<series_index>] datum to export for metadata transfer
jjmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 04:30 PM   #552
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@DaltonST,

Thank you for the English title casing! I can't believe how quickly you got that on the plugin. I have to say that I always look forward to your updates!

How many of the plugins are yours?

Last edited by Rellwood; 12-13-2019 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Additional question
Old 12-13-2019, 05:28 PM   #553
DaltonST
Deviser

'Entities Manager' was the 15th (and final). Now it is 'just' enhancing them and making them Python3 Calibre compatible (to the extent I can without having any Python3 Calibre to test with).
Old 12-20-2019, 07:45 PM   #554
Rellwood

Quote:
'Entities Manager' was the 15th (and final). Now it is 'just' enhancing them and making them Python3 Calibre compatible (to the extent I can without having any Python3 Calibre to test with).
Well, I must say that you have greatly improved my Calibre Library!
Old 01-07-2020, 02:54 PM   #555
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.170 Technical changes after Python 3.8 testing with Calibre 4.99.3

Version 1.0.170 -2020-01-07 Technical changes after Python 3.8 testing with Calibre 4.99.3

DaltonST

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools