Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2019, 05:26 PM   #1
xenyo
xenyo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo img

Hi everyone,

I have a Kobo Glo for 4 months and I was very happy with my e-book. But the other day, suddenly, it starts to turn off and turn on all time.
So I thought that it was problem of the software and did a factory reset (I shouldn't have done it) and I think that during the process the e-book turned off by itself, the screen went white and now i can't turn on the dispositive
I have tried the guides in this forum, I have tried to put and img in the internal SD card but this does nothing. I have tried with a Kobo Aura image because i can't find a Kobo Glo image.
Could any of you send me a correct image (.img) for Kobo Glo? I would like to try with an image for my e-book.
I will also appreciate advice on how to solve the problem.

Thank you very much in advance!
xenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:22 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Firstly, if a Kobo device is not behaving properly, a factory reset is a sensible thing to do. If it doesn't survive a factory reset, then the problem was probably a lot worse than you thought.

Using the wrong image will not work. The devices have different hardware. I have sent you an image for the Glo. I would suggest using a new SD card when you restore it. The cards in the Glo seem to be failing and that causes problems like you are seeing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:21 AM   #3
xenyo
xenyo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thank you very much davidfor! It worked!!
Now I have the software working but I continue having the first problem.
The e-book turns on a off suddenly all time and the power button doesn't work well, I have to connect it to the pc or to the electricity to turn on.
I think it's a hardware problem...
Has anyone had the same problem and was able to solve it?

Thank you in advance!
xenyo is offline   Reply With Quote