Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-12-2021, 07:42 AM   #16
kndlewis
Connoisseur
kndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watch

Device: Current Favorite: Boox Leaf
What is "V2" mode in NeoReader?

I'm glad for the addition of chapter progress in NeoReader! Thank you Onyx for that
kndlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:12 AM   #17
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kndlewis View Post
What is "V2" mode in NeoReader?

I'm glad for the addition of chapter progress in NeoReader! Thank you Onyx for that
I second the question.
Would be cool to have a walkthrough guide to all the changes/new features since previous firmware.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2021, 01:11 PM   #18
kndlewis
Connoisseur
kndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watch

Device: Current Favorite: Boox Leaf
From https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...Reader+Blog%29 :
"Support original Epub source format, including multiple fonts, image and text layout, vertical layout, Pinyin fonts… etc. ( Currently it requires to manually switch to V2 Engine and does not support sync data with NeoReader. When you open an Epub book, please go to Settings / Other Settings to set it.)"
kndlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:16 AM   #19
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzfeed View Post
thanks for your extraction work!
Welcome! I just extracted the apks from latest release of Nova2. I don't have my Nova around so I am not sure what is new.

In addition I added the content browser (the "launcher") onto the drive, see if it works. I couldn't get the content browser for Nova 3 onto my Nova, hope the content browser of Nova 2 works.

Last edited by winstonma; 04-14-2021 at 03:28 AM.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:57 AM   #20
M4H35H
Connoisseur
M4H35H doesn't litterM4H35H doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950, Hanvon E920, Onyx Boox Note Lite, Boox Max2
Text is crisp in V2 mode on my Max2
M4H35H is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2021, 07:51 AM   #21
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kndlewis View Post
From https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...Reader+Blog%29 :
"Support original Epub source format, including multiple fonts, image and text layout, vertical layout, Pinyin fonts… etc. ( Currently it requires to manually switch to V2 Engine and does not support sync data with NeoReader. When you open an Epub book, please go to Settings / Other Settings to set it.)"
Wow! They actually added vertical layout mode and R2L. Nice!! Need to figure out fonts it looks like but it's a huge improvement to getting me to use neoreader for things other than PDF.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 01:42 PM   #22
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
Wow! They actually added vertical layout mode and R2L. Nice!! Need to figure out fonts it looks like but it's a huge improvement to getting me to use neoreader for things other than PDF.
On my Nova 3 Color which is running the V3.1 firmware, I enabled the V2 engine and just tried opening a Japanese epub in Neoreader and... it continued to display it horizontally.

That said, it did display the furigana correctly. So that is a step in the right direction.

How and ever, Neoreader kept on freezing when trying to read the book with the V2 engine enabled. So I will stick with Moon+ Reader for the moment for Japanese books as it seems more stable.

But it is good to know that Onyx is working on this. Hopefully, they will get the bugs sorted out before too long.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:40 PM   #23
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
On my Nova 3 Color which is running the V3.1 firmware, I enabled the V2 engine and just tried opening a Japanese epub in Neoreader and... it continued to display it horizontally.

That said, it did display the furigana correctly. So that is a step in the right direction.

How and ever, Neoreader kept on freezing when trying to read the book with the V2 engine enabled. So I will stick with Moon+ Reader for the moment for Japanese books as it seems more stable.

But it is good to know that Onyx is working on this. Hopefully, they will get the bugs sorted out before too long.
On my Nova 2 it works. You might have to hit the "original layout" button to get it working right. No love for AZW3s yet either it seems. Only ePub.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 03:10 PM   #24
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
On my Nova 2 it works. You might have to hit the "original layout" button to get it working right. No love for AZW3s yet either it seems. Only ePub.
Just tried another Japanese epub and it works fine. So there must have been some issue with the first book I tried.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:35 PM   #25
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur
Onyx Boox is on a distinguished road

Device: Boox Ereader
Quote:

Hi user, could you sendback via setting>feedback to report this issue? We are working on solving this problem,could you send the original epub file to us? Thank you for your support in advance.
Onyx Boox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:57 AM   #26
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Boox View Post
Hi user, could you sendback via setting>feedback to report this issue? We are working on solving this problem,could you send the original epub file to us? Thank you for your support in advance.
Thank you for your attention to this. I just sent feedback to report the issue. Unfortunately, the epub file in question is 21Mb so I could not attach it. Is there any other way to send it?
Old 04-16-2021, 12:27 PM   #27
macallik
macallik began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung s5e
FYI, the Boox YT Channel has created short videos related to 3.1 updates
https://www.youtube.com/c/OnyxBoox/videos
macallik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 04:34 AM   #28
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
Quote:
Thank you for your attention to this. I just sent feedback to report the issue. Unfortunately, the epub file in question is 21Mb so I could not attach it. Is there any other way to send it?
You can upload to Mega (need to register), or WeTransfer (no need to register, but only stay there for one week).
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:49 AM   #29
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Issues found in 3.1 (both Nova2 and Note3):

* When updating PDF externally (via FolderSync, for example), NeoReader acknoledges changes (it shows some percentage movement on book opening), but still shows old values (old notes, old bookmarks, etc). The only way to get update content is kill NeoReader (several times, sometimes first time you kill it does not update its internal cache or whatever).

* Note sync is not working (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=338838). It is working now. I tested this while they were updating their servers!

* Ball, sometimes refuses to move past some area in Note 3 (not tested in Nova 2). It happens after screen rotation landscape/portrait and viceversa. It seems ball does not know new screen coordinates/postion and still only can move inside its original rect (this is sometimes very annoying because it covers text). It was interfering with android gestures. If ball go to bottom of the screen, and bottom screen gestures are enabled, gestures take precedence over the ball.

* I don't know if this is a bug or a "feature", but ePub version 2 reader does not allow "negative" interlining. Lowest value is 1, but for my preferences, it is not enough "lower" interline.

Improved things I like a lot are read/total chapter pages in ePub and correct hyphenation (at least in Spanish ebooks). And, of course, all of those rendering tricks and customisations for PDFs.

Last edited by rfog; 04-23-2021 at 06:32 AM.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:44 AM   #30
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Firmware 3.1 for Nova Pro downloading now.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote