Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-26-2018, 12:21 PM   #16
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeturn View Post
How easy (or difficult) would you say it might be to port this plugin so that it uses WeasyPrint? It's not as "complete" as Prince is, but from my brief usage it feels like it's good enough for ebooks, and is a free alternative.
I've looked at the installation instructions and setting up WeasyPrint is not exactly easy, because of the many dependencies. OTOH, Prince requires only a single binary. This doesn't make WeasyPrint a good candidate for a plugin.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:48 PM   #17
AutomaticSync
AutomaticSync began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question PRINCE PDF

Hello,

I'm reaching out about a similar issue with the Prince PDF plug-in. I am a MAC OS user.

I downloaded the Prince PDF plug-in and the prince installation file.

I am having trouble installing the Prince file. When I open it to install it simply expands to a folder, and within that folder there is an install file (install.sh). When I open this, it simply opens a text file with a lot of code. Do you know if this is supposed to happen?

You mention in the plug-in section for Prince PDF on this forum that we need to "Make sure to install prince in the default location."

Where is the default location? I'm wondering if this is related to my issue using prince pdf on Sigil.

After doing this I tried to use the Prince PDF plug-in in Sigil and it's giving me this response:

prince not found: /usr/local/bin/prince

I have prince in my files but it's not detecting it. Can you help me with this issue?
AutomaticSync is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2019, 03:23 PM   #18
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticSync View Post
I downloaded the Prince PDF plug-in and the prince installation file.

I am having trouble installing the Prince file. When I open it to install it simply expands to a folder, and within that folder there is an install file (install.sh).
The Prince developers apparently didn't provide a proper installer. Users are expected to run a shell script, which will install prince in /usr/local/bin/prince.

For detailed instructions see the Prince PDF website.

Note that you'll need to replace to prince-9.0-macosx with prince-12.4-macosx. For example:

Code:
tar xzf prince-12.4-macosx.tar.gz 
cd prince-12.4-macosx
If you have additional questions about other plugins, ask the plugin developers not the Sigil developers.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:31 PM   #19
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Hi Doitsu;

Would it be possible to modify your "plugin.py" file so the path to Prince.exe is able to be different from the standar location?

TIA
Rubén
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 02:27 AM   #20
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Would it be possible to modify your "plugin.py" file so the path to Prince.exe is able to be different from the standar location?
You can specify a custom prince path by inserting the following entry at the beginning of PrincePDF.json:

Code:
  "prince_path" : "D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Prince\\engine\\bin\\prince.exe",
(Obviously, you'll need to change the path.)

Note also that you'll have to use double backslashes (\\) in Windows paths.
Advert
Old 04-02-2019, 08:05 AM   #21
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
You can specify a custom prince path by inserting the following entry at the beginning of PrincePDF.json:

Code:
(Obviously, you'll need to change the path.)

Note also that you'll have to use double backslashes (\\) in Windows paths.
Thank you Doitsu but, where can I find PrincePDF.json in my system? I can't find it anywhere.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:33 AM   #22
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Thank you Doitsu but, where can I find PrincePDF.json in my system? I can't find it anywhere.
In Sigil, select Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location then double-click the plugins_prefs folder and create a new PrincePDF folder. In the PrincePDF folder, create a PrincePDF.json text file with the following contents:

Code:
{
  "prince_path" : "D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Prince\\engine\\bin\\prince.exe"
}
If you add additional entries, you'll need to terminate the line with a comma:

For example:

Code:
{
  "cpdf": true
}
Old 04-02-2019, 09:26 AM   #23
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
In Sigil, select Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location then double-click the plugins_prefs folder and create a new PrincePDF folder. In the PrincePDF folder, create a PrincePDF.json text file with the following contents:

Code:
{
  "prince_path" : "D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Prince\\engine\\bin\\prince.exe"
}
If you add additional entries, you'll need to terminate the line with a comma:

For example:

Code:
{
  "cpdf": true
}
Many thanks!! All worked perfectly.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:42 AM   #24
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Sigil 1.0.

I have to adapt the output to create my custom 9×12 size. It was easy three years ago, Now I find it difficult... Life goes like that.

Can we select a preference which tells the plugin to follow the Sigil structure every time? (furthermore, it seems we have no choice on this regard because it can only work this way)

Edit: Done. Would have been quicker if I did not throw away the epub.css file... Happily save exists.

Last edited by roger64; 12-20-2019 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Edit
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:04 PM   #25
Reader0531
Reader0531 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
permission denied error

Hello,

I am trying to run PrincePDF with Sigil.
When I run the plugin It seems to be OK but I get a "permission denied" error in the last leg of the process (see below)
I run Linux Mint.
Thanks

prince: used font: Times New Roman, Italic
prince: /home/xxx/Desktop/xxx.pdf: error: can't open output file: Permission denied
prince: Finished: failure

Return code: 1
Prince failed!
Reader0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:25 AM   #26
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader0531 View Post
I am trying to run PrincePDF with Sigil.
When I run the plugin It seems to be OK but I get a "permission denied" error in the last leg of the process (see below)
This might happen if your Desktop folder has name other than "Desktop" or if the output file is locked by another process. Try changing the following entry in PrincePDF.json:

Code:
  "output_dir": "/home/xxx/Desktop/"
so that it points to an existing folder.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:32 AM   #27
Reader0531
Reader0531 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
This might happen if your Desktop folder has name other than "Desktop" or if the output file is locked by another process. Try changing the following entry in PrincePDF.json:

Code:
  "output_dir": "/home/xxx/Desktop/"
so that it points to an existing folder.
Thank you for the quick answer.
It fixed my problem instantly.
Thank you very much.
Great Sigil plugin
Reader0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:42 AM   #28
Sonotoki
Sonotoki began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Error

Hello everyone!
I've installed all the prerequisites (Python 3x, PrincePdf, cpdf.exe to the Windows folder), but there's error when launching the plugin:
Code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 142, in launch
    self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
  File "C:\Users\Sonotoki\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\PrincePDF\plugin.py", line 115, in run
    if not os.path.isfile(prince_path):
  File "genericpath.py", line 30, in isfile
TypeError: stat: path should be string, bytes, os.PathLike or integer, not NoneType
Error: stat: path should be string, bytes, os.PathLike or integer, not NoneType
Sonotoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:56 AM   #29
Sonotoki
Sonotoki began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonotoki View Post
Hello everyone!
I've installed all the prerequisites (Python 3x, PrincePdf, cpdf.exe to the Windows folder), but there's error when launching the plugin:
Code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 142, in launch
    self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
  File "C:\Users\Sonotoki\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\PrincePDF\plugin.py", line 115, in run
    if not os.path.isfile(prince_path):
  File "genericpath.py", line 30, in isfile
TypeError: stat: path should be string, bytes, os.PathLike or integer, not NoneType
Error: stat: path should be string, bytes, os.PathLike or integer, not NoneType
Ahh! I'm really sorry, my bad! I thought that I don't need to set the path of PrincePDF, since it's installed properly, but when I wrote the path in PrincePDF.json, then everything worked out ))
Sonotoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:55 PM   #30
codrut_popescu
codrut_popescu began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad X Pro
Unhappy epub to pdf converted book does not contain the cover

Hi,

I am new to this. I am trying to convert my ebooks (which I own and purchased) from epub to pdf. The ebooks are actually DRM free, they are ebooks from raywenderlich but I would like to read them on my pdf e-reader (Quaderno). For this I have installed Calibre and Sigil and the Prince PDF plugin and conversion went fine, actually better than I have expected, except the pdf does not have a cover.
Now, the original book when I open in iBooks it does have a cover. But when I open it in ebook-viewer it does not have a cover. So, what is wrong here?

Thanks
codrut_popescu is offline   Reply With Quote