Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 04-09-2021, 07:23 AM   #1
barryoverthere
barryoverthere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7G
LWN Weekly title fix request

Hi,

The current lwn_weekly recipe just titles each edition as "LWN.net Weekly Edition", which is a bit daunting if I don't read it for a few weeks (I have a setup that automatically posts each week's issue to my Kindle).

A patch was actually already posted in this closed thread, but apparently was never picked up:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=21

I've extracted the recipe from the package and applied the patch locally on my machine, and it does exactly what it's intended to (so I'm currently reading "LWN.net Weekly Edition for April 8, 2021").

Could this please be merged into the official recipe? Thanks!
barryoverthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I am guessing you are emailing them to your kindle. If you do that amazon destroys the periodical formatting. If you send them by usb cable they will be organized by publication and date on your kindle and all the advanced periodical navigation features will work. In such a case have the date appended to the title is a misfeature.

If you want to send my email anyway set your output profile to some non kindle profile and calibre will auto append date to news download titles.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:43 AM   #3
barryoverthere
barryoverthere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7G
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I am guessing you are emailing them to your kindle. If you do that amazon destroys the periodical formatting. If you send them by usb cable they will be organized by publication and date on your kindle and all the advanced periodical navigation features will work. In such a case have the date appended to the title is a misfeature.

If you want to send my email anyway set your output profile to some non kindle profile and calibre will auto append date to news download titles.
Yes, they're retrieved and emailed by a server that is several thousand miles away from my Kindle, so USB isn't really an option.

I'll keep using the custom recipe then, thanks anyway.
barryoverthere is offline   Reply With Quote