Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 04-30-2021, 10:24 AM   #1
Nexuss
Nexuss began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 4 HD
Help change OS/Firmware on my tolino vision 4 hd

hi, i'm an italian student and i would like to change os / firmware on my Tolino Vision 4 HD, can someone recommend me some forum / guide to change it? my problem is what crashes every time I open a 100Mb ePub, and I would also like to download some .apk (if possible).
Nexuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:27 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexuss View Post
hi, i'm an italian student and i would like to change os / firmware on my Tolino Vision 4 HD, can someone recommend me some forum / guide to change it? my problem is what crashes every time I open a 100Mb ePub, and I would also like to download some .apk (if possible).
Look here.
It is a German forum.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:51 PM   #3
Nexuss

mega's link is no longer valid in the forum. now i downloaded twrp. what should I do?
Old 04-30-2021, 01:05 PM   #4
Nexuss

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Look here.
It is a German forum.
mega's link is no longer valid in the forum
Old 04-30-2021, 01:24 PM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexuss View Post
mega's link is no longer valid in the forum
It was removed becaus a better solution was found.
Use the following line
Quote:
Edit 16. 02. 2020: Waldy hat hier eine noch bequemere Art bereit gestellt.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:34 PM   #6
Nexuss

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
It was removed becaus a better solution was found.
Use the following line
do you think I was wrong to permanently install twrp?
Old 04-30-2021, 03:22 PM   #7
Nexuss

Wow, è stato bellissimo e facilissimo. ho perso tempo a trovare il forum adatto e quello che mi hai linkato è il migliore!!
Prima cosa bisogna installare twrp
Non ho fatto come nella guida, perchè utilizzo un sistema linux. con linux diventa tutto più facile. vai nel terminale, "sudo apt-get install fastboot", colleghiamo il dispositivo (il mio era tolino vision 4 HD) in bootloader (per il vision 4 tenere premuto il pulsante sinistro e destro contemporaneamente, appena si accende e si spegne la luce del pulsante inferiore centrale, lasciare i pulsanti).
Scarica twrp da questo link: "https://github.com/Ryogo-Z/tolino_ntx_6sl_twrp/releases".
Scriviamo nel terminale "fastboot boot <url del percorso del file twrp> ".
Adesso scarichiamo le app da questo link: https://mega.nz/file/TvIXnaJb#gHFVUR...HSAA01oUCC4Tws.
Copiamo la cartella "--app--" nella cartella principale del tolino (nell'sd). Adesso sul nostro tolino clicchiamo "install" (accertatevi che state nella cartella dell'sd) selezioniamo la cartella "--app--" e installiamo il file zip che troviamo all'interno ("app.zip" click and swipe to confirm flash).
adesso possiamo riavviare il dispositivo.
Una volta riavviato il dispositivo avviamo simple ink launcher. poi puoi procedere cosi: "https://mega.nz/file/qvBBiSga#eRBivGjxd_abYZtOKAaarlZr4CSgsplw_epuQxSTs 9g".
Spero che questa piccola spiegazione possa aiutare a qualcuno. Ringrazio @Waldy per i suoi file!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, that was great and so easy. I wasted time finding the right forum and the one you linked to me is the best !!
First you need to install twrp
I did not do as in the guide, because I use a linux system. with linux everything becomes easier. go to the terminal, "sudo apt-get install fastboot", we connect the device (mine was tolino vision 4 HD) in bootloader (for vision 4 hold down the left and right button at the same time, as soon as the light of the lower middle button, release the buttons).
Download twrp from this link:"https://github.com/Ryogo-Z/tolino_ntx_6sl_twrp/releases".
We write in the terminal "fastboot boot <url of the path of the twrp file>".
Now we download the apps from this link: "https://mega.nz/file/TvIXnaJb#gHFVURMR62nL6egh_Y_tw1K7qeRW7HSAA01oUCC4T ws.".
Copy the folder "--app--" in the main folder of the tolino (in the sd). Now on our tolino click "install" (make sure you are in the sd folder) select the "--app--" folder and install the zip file that we find inside ("app.zip" click and swipe to confirm flash ).
now we can restart the device.
Once the device has restarted we start simple ink launcher. then you can proceed like this: "https://mega.nz/file/qvBBiSga#eRBivGjxd_abYZtOKAaarlZr4CSgsplw_epuQxSTs 9g".
Hope this little explanation can help someone. Thanks @Waldy for his files
Old 04-30-2021, 04:19 PM   #8
Nexuss

Question How to install .apk

Now I need a method to download .apk. Anyone know one?

Tags
tolino vision 4 hd