Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-13-2014, 02:44 AM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free (nook/Kindle/iTunes/DRM-free) Legacy Builder [Xtian Business Leadership Advice]

The Legacy Builder: Five Non-Negotiable Leadership Secrets by Rod Olson is a business advice book for management types, with the titular tips given in the form of a fictionalized tale, free courtesy of Christian publisher David C. Cook.

This is a repeat from October 2013.

I had a quick skim through this, aside from being told in parable form, it's surprisingly non-religious in nature for something that's meant to be "inspirational" in one way or another, having far more mention of some kind of football team metaphor than any god-ly scriptural quotations, so secular management types who like sports may also get some use out of this.

Currently free, probably just for the next couple of days @ B&N (may also drop in the UK after a day or so), Amazon UK (slated to drop in the main store after midnight Pacific Time), iTunes & Google Play (both available to Canadians), and also ChristianBook (DRM-Free ePub available to selected countries) & BookShout (available for online reading & app download), and possibly several other stores linked in the publisher's catalogue page.

Description
“How can I control the pace of my life rather than having the pace control me?”

Lance Marshall has reached the peak of success most entrepreneurs only dream about. He’s the head of a profitable company, the husband to his beautiful high school sweetheart, and the dad of three terrific kids.

So why is he at odds with his employees and his family? Why does he often feel angry about the pressures of life and work?

In the tradition of great parable-based leadership books, Rod Olson tells a story about a man in over his head and the five principles that change his life forever.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
expired freebie