Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-16-2018, 01:11 AM   #406
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
you're still on FW 5.9.6.1? factory or production?
No, right after jailbreak I did:
Upgrade to 5.9.6.1 (customer), and
Upgrade to 5.9.7 (customer).

Both done through Update Your Kindle via *.bin files.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:22 PM   #407
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Okay, confirmed, and tracked down to a bad interaction between Python 2, and the current unreleased requests/urllib3 versions I'm using.

Next snapshots will be fixed, but they won't come until I'm done with other things, so, in the meantime:

In /mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py around L392 (basically just above the offending unicode_is_ascii call), insert:

Code:
        if is_py2:
            host = unicode(host)
Honoring the whitespace *exactly* (this is Python, indent > everything, as it should!).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2018, 01:48 PM   #408
fllc
has been
fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k4nt, touch, PW2, koa2, pw4, Nook GLP 7.8
Thank you!!!

Everything now works as expected on my PW4.
fllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 02:27 PM   #409
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
@NiLuJe

WOW!! Thank you so much! That did the trick.

I attach models.py and a screenshot showing white spaces as they should appear (somehow Notepad++ auto-indents with tab spaces when pasting, not white spaces).

P.S. I only tested --update, --delete, and --folder options for ./generate_collections. They all work and Kindle shows proper output 'Done in XX s'.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FIX_librarian.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	168409  
Attached Files
File Type: zip FIX LibrarianSync.zip (10.9 KB, 246 views)

Last edited by mergen3107; 12-16-2018 at 02:35 PM.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:22 PM   #410
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Okay, confirmed, and tracked down to a bad interaction between Python 2, and the current unreleased requests/urllib3 versions I'm using.

Next snapshots will be fixed, but they won't come until I'm done with other things, so, in the meantime:

In /mnt/us/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/models.py around L392 (basically just above the offending unicode_is_ascii call), insert:

Code:
        if is_py2:
            host = unicode(host)
Honoring the whitespace *exactly* (this is Python, indent > everything, as it should!).
Interesting. Curious, was this a recent change? Because I'm still using the Nov 22 snapshots. Lol, I'm lazy so I don't update my add-ons unless I'm experiencing an issue.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2018, 12:47 AM   #411
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ilovejedd: Yep, the urllib3 commit in question is dated December 7 .
Old 12-19-2018, 07:36 PM   #412
tessa33
tessa33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G + Wifi
Quote:

Code:
        if is_py2:
            host = unicode(host)
I'm a total newbie so I'm not exactly sure what this means or how to make the change. Would someone mind posting a step-by-step on how to make this edit?

Thank you so much!!
tessa33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:47 PM   #413
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@tessa33:

@mergen3107 posted the pre-tweaked file a couple posts ago, just unpack it at the USB root of the device (like you would install a KUAL extension, for instance) .

(You do need to have installed Python first, though ).
Old 12-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #414
tessa33

Something went very wrong error

Quote:
@tessa33:

@mergen3107 posted the pre-tweaked file a couple posts ago, just unpack it at the USB root of the device (like you would install a KUAL extension, for instance) .

(You do need to have installed Python first, though ).
Well, I unzipped @mergen3107's file all the way down to the models.py file and placed it in the USB root of the device. Not sure what else to do, but when I try to use Librarian Sync to create collections I get an error message that 'something went very wrong'.

Since this is PW4, I would normally install an add-on by putting it in the mrpackages folder, then ;log mrpi - should I try doing that?

And honestly, thank you so much for your time, guidance, and patience! I really am pretty new to this whole world, but am doing my best to learn!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	227
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	168499  
Old 12-19-2018, 09:04 PM   #415
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@tessa33: Yeah, by trying to drill into the models.py file manually, you lost the directory structure, and you ended up putting the models.py file itself into the USB root .

Instead, we want to *honor* that directory structure: just "extract to" (or something to that effect that should pop up in the contextual menu of a zip file if your right-click it) the zip to F: and that should do it .
Old 12-19-2018, 09:15 PM   #416
tessa33

Quote:
@tessa33: Yeah, by trying to drill into the models.py file manually, you lost the directory structure, and you ended up putting the models.py file itself into the USB root .

Instead, we want to *honor* that directory structure: just "extract to" (or something to that effect that should pop up in the contextual menu of a zip file if your right-click it) the zip to F: and that should do it .
Well...darn, I thought I was being so slick extracting it, too lol.

OMG OMG OMG OMG it worked!! YAAAAAS! I am quite literally dancing around my living room!!!

Thank you SO very much!!
Old 12-27-2018, 07:52 PM   #417
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I have a little mystery here.

I just got the PW4, JB, added Python, and installed LS. However I never got a KUAL menu entry. I tried installing LS on my Voyage, and everything works perfectly! So I copied the LS folder from the Voyage and put it on the PW. Now I have a KUAL menu entry. I run the program on Calibre just fine. When I attempt to rebuild or update from the LS menu in KUAL, however, it says "Rebuilding collections from Calibre on the bottom, for quite a long time, and then the line on the bottom of the screen (still in the LS menu) says:

Entries 1 - 4 of 4 78183a5 (20181209,a) PW4

And no collections show when I return to the Kindle library.

Any guesses what that line means? I haven't seen it referenced here.

I missed a step, I backed into KUAL and then the message showed.

Last edited by booklover6; 12-27-2018 at 07:55 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:53 PM   #418
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa33 View Post
- - - - -

And honestly, thank you so much for your time, guidance, and patience! I really am pretty new to this whole world, but am doing my best to learn!
Just hang in here, there is actually a lot less to learn than it may seem at first.

While the norm here is for every developer to work on what interests them, and they usually work alone, rather than in groups ....

People here follow the "Principle of least surprise".

(I.E: The piece with the straight edge and blue sky goes at the top of the jigsaw puzzle.)

The things that can be added to your Kindle from here follow two or three different patterns of packaging and installation procedures.
You just discovered the most common way a KUAL extension is installed.
So you are already at least 1/3 of the way along the learning curve.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:55 PM   #419
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@booklover6: Possibly depends on what you means by "Installed LS" .

I'd recommend doing it manually from a download/checkout or my GitHub tree, as the .bin hasn't been repackaged for quite a while.

Note that this currently requires the very latest Python snapshot, plus a hotfix for it that was posted in #409.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:39 AM   #420
barsanuphe
Connoisseur
barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2, Kobo H20, Kobo Aura One
Well. I see I've missed a lot of activity here .

Thanks a lot to NiLuJe & knc1 for keeping LibrarianSync alive and providing support! I'm glad people still find it useful.

@NiLuJe: I've just merged your latest GitHub PR. Do you want me to clean up the first post and link to your fork as the new reference? If so, feel free to tell me what you'd like the post to mention.
barsanuphe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle collections, librariansync