Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-31-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
TomTiddler
TomTiddler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, iPad, iPad mini
T1 Where's the page sync setting?

I have a T1 , Reader app on PC says software is up-to-date, WiFi is turned ON, no sign of a page sync setting. Help please.
TomTiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Page sync ? what is that ??? you can sync your library... you do that from the pc software end not the device... but if you want to do that I would recommend you use Calibre .. personally I only use the sony pc software to update my firmware it created too many problems and was as slow as molasses ... I use drag-drop or dropbox to get books on the device and Calibre for everything else
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
First, make sure you turn on page sync on your T1/T2 in Applications > Settings > Application Preferences > Books/Periodicals. I don't believe there is any setting to turn on in the desktop software. You just have to open the book, and I think I recall that a pop-up message that tells you what page your T1 is on. When you open a book on your T1, I think there might be an option for page sync when you press the menu button. I don't have mine near me so I am going by memory.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:24 AM   #4
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
First, make sure you turn on page sync on your T1/T2 in Applications > Settings > Application Preferences > Books/Periodicals. I don't believe there is any setting to turn on in the desktop software. You just have to open the book, and I think I recall that a pop-up message that tells you what page your T1 is on. When you open a book on your T1, I think there might be an option for page sync when you press the menu button. I don't have mine near me so I am going by memory.
on t1 this setting doesnt exist. i am now using android app to read as well as my t1 and the android app will sync between devises but when i use t1 i have to try and remember how far i got. i dont know if t2 has this setting. also it will ofcause have to be connected to a wifi network for this to work.
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Apparently the page sync setting only exists on the T2. I don't know why Sony didn't update the T1 firmware for this feature too. Hopefully they get it right at initial release on the T3! Even though it works with the T2, it still needs much improvement at present to be as smooth as my other e-readers are.
Advert
Old 08-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #6
cabroncito
cabroncito began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Apparently the page sync setting only exists on the T2. I don't know why Sony didn't update the T1 firmware for this feature too. Hopefully they get it right at initial release on the T3! Even though it works with the T2, it still needs much improvement at present to be as smooth as my other e-readers are.
I got a T2 and page sync works great from any books you buy from the SONY store, but DOESNT work with any sideloaded epub files... :-(

Is there a way to do that if I root/jailbreak the t2?

Im basically wanting to read on T2 and my android phone using the sony reader software.
cabroncito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #7
TomTiddler
TomTiddler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, iPad, iPad mini
Thanks thomasn75, I was going crazy trying to find out why [B]MY[B] T1 didn't have the setting! I guess I'll just have to practice memorizing page numbers :-)
TomTiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:35 AM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabroncito View Post
I got a T2 and page sync works great from any books you buy from the SONY store, but DOESNT work with any sideloaded epub files... :-(
Is there a way to do that if I root/jailbreak the t2?
Im basically wanting to read on T2 and my android phone using the sony reader software.
The T2 will sync Sony and non-Sony books between the T2 and the desktop software. It will only sync Sony books between the T2 and iOS app. I haven't tried syncing with the Android app, but it sounds similar to the iOS version.