Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
csylvest
csylvest began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ereader wireless
Kobo WiFi will not connect

I have the Kobo EReader with WiFi. I am trying to set it up for a friend. However, it will not connect with wireless. I have tried at home and at the office. Both times it does not find any networks. When I try to put in the network name and password it says it is unable to connect.
Today I received the following from Kobo support:

Please note that the Kobo Wireless eReader is unable to connect to WEP encrypted wireless networks. If your network is not WEP encrypted, the next step would be resetting the wireless router, and placing the eReader very close by to see if it connects.

I don't understand since you can select WEP when you are setting up the wireless.
csylvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Are you using the Kobo Touch or the Kobo Wifi with the page turn button? If it's the Touch then Customer Service is somewhat confused. People have had issues connecting with WEP (although the 1.9.17 firmware upgrade should have helped some people with this -- you can upgrade that through the Kobo desktop application on your computer) but it is POSSIBLE to connect with WEP (just not consistent). If you do have the older Kobo Wifi I'm not sure. Something makes me want to say it did have issues with WEP, but search the forums here and see what you come up with.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert